Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR 1.69 audio problem

beaker020

Last night I was working on tweaking a sequence and I switched to 1/2 speed playback and I got a message saying that media player could not play that file at that speed but would I like to make a copy of the file that it could play at that speed?...sure why not. Everything went fine. Now today I am working on a different sequence of a different song and when I switch to 1/2 or 1/4 speed playback it plays the music from the sequence I was working on last night.

The copy that it made last night is nowhere to be found, At least its not in any place I can think of looking.

Any ideas?

Lance

• 3 weeks later...

Nobody?

No matter what song I sequence, if I play it at faster or slower speed, it always plays Chistmas Canon in D.

I am now using 1.6.15 and there is no difference

beaker020 wrote:

Nobody?

No matter what song I sequence, if I play it at faster or slower speed, it always plays Chistmas Canon in D.

I am now using 1.6.15 and there is no difference

Hi,

This problem is being sent to the programmer who wrote that part of the code. We should get a response shortly.

Dan

Lance,

What steps do you do to produce this? With two sequences that use different audio files, I am able to reduce the speed and have them both play the correct audio. I've tried it with two files that both require a copy to be made and with only one file requiring that. In addition to the steps you use to produce this, can you also state whether both or only one of the sequences requires the copy to be made?

Just to cover the bases...have you reselected the original audio file for the sequence that's playing the wrong audio?

K.C.

so far it has only actually made a copy of one file, The very first file I tried, christmas canon in d major. However, now every sequence that I have tried to playback at a faster or slower speed plays "christmas canon in d major"

I have tried reselecting diffferent audio files, MP3 and WAV.

I have tried to find the copy that it made in order to delete it but I cant seem to find it. Any idea where it would have stored it and by what name?

I resorted to uninstalling and downgrading to 1.6.2 demo to get the job done. There is just one sequence that I am unhappy with and am still tweaking. I just tried reinstalling 1.6.3 full and upgrading to 1.6.9 and still got the same result.

I am using WinXP Pro SP2 and WMP 11

PS, my only access to the internet for the next 2 weeks is going to be dialup. It may take a while to get back to you.

These other sequences that are playing the wrong audio...they were created after the one that uses Christmas Canon? And if you play normal speed, it plays the correct audio, but then changes songs when you change the speed? You first created the sequence based on Christmas Canon, created other sequences later, then changed the playback speed on Christmas Canon at some point which then created the copy of the file. After that, changing the speed on *any* sequence causes it to play Christmas Canon, correct? I want to make sure I fully understand the situation correctly.

The copy of the file it creates would be in the Audio directory, with "SequenceOnly" in the file name. For XP, I believe it would be in Documents and SettingsAll UsersDocumentsLight-O-RamaAudio.

All of the sequences were created several months ago. All I have been doing recently is tweaking and fine tuning as my show has been running since the 1st of Dec. I have not created any new sequences. All of the sequences play the proper song when played at normal speed but play christmas canon when played at slow or fast speed. So, I upgraded to 1.6.9, I tried to fine tune christmas canon, the editor made a copy, I went to edit another sequence and now it and all other sequences play chistmas canon ONLY when played at fast or slow speed. I have since uninstalled, done the registry wipe, reinstalled and reupgraded and it still does the same thing. When I first reinstalled I installed 1.6.2 Demo and it played slow speed just fine.

I am not at home until the new year so I cant check on any files or settings until then.

Like I said, I got around it this year but I thank you for your attention in trying to sort this out.

Lance

• 2 weeks later...

ok, I found the 'all users.sequenceonly.wav' file, it was in the 'c:/documents and settings' folder, not in the 'all users' or current users folder. When I deleted it the second sequence (Techno Christmas, which uses a mp3 file) worked fine. I then went back and opened 'chistmas canon in d' (which uses a .wav file) and the program offered to make a copy. I allowed it to make a copy and when I went back to techno christmas it was back to playing the christmas canon.

Lance

• 3 weeks later...

This same effect is happening with LOR II 2.0.12. The program is creating a file named "All Users.Sequenceonly.wav" in the "c:/documents and settings" folder. I think I may have discovered part of the cause. For various reasons my windows installation is installed in the "c:/windows2" folder which makes my shared documents folder "C:Documents and SettingsAll Users.WINDOWS2Documents". I believe the program is incorrectly parsing the "ALLUSERSPROFILE" system variable.

I hope this helps