Light-O-Rama Forums

So just curious... who here is still old school?

Santas Helper

Old School. Dont want the frustration of CCRs  ;) . I have exactly 28 Inca bulbs in my whole show (1 inside each luminaria I got from a friend, he used them to give them the proper amount of draw so they could be dimmed, and I havent had the time to take them out and replace them with a LED plus a resistor [they each have 3 leds plus the one inca]). I dont know, with 144 channels, I dont want CCRs to steal the show (plus led strings are a lot cheaper). 

I have 5 CCR for arches and a pixel star that I may or may not put up this year,

The rest are 95% LED.

If it aint broken.....

I have 5 CCR for arches and a pixel star that I may or may not put up this year,

Paul, you don't fit the "old School" crowd here using that kind of language. :lol: LOL

Old school here. Running about 175 channels and maybe 60k LED and wire frames. Heck....I still have inflatables. And love em.

I have 12 CCR's from LOR out on my shelf and I keep saying I will use them but you know what? I don't love the look of them.

Maybe next year. Or not.

I do make sure my programming is tight and that I have new elements every year. But I love strings of lights. And wire frames. And inflatables.

:)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Whats  DMX, or CCRs, RGB, CCPs, CCXYZs and Smarty Strips?

No Blow Molds, No Inflatables I cant stand those.... lol

I just want my lights seen from THE INTERNATIONAL SPACESTATION and or mistaken by the Aliens from another Galaxy as a landing area.

I have wire frame deer, Home made mega tree made out of PVC, and tomato cages wrapped in regular mini lights.

Plastic wally World Candy Canes, 4 layers of Cup holders around eves to hold light strings.

• Like 1

That would count for Old School Sarge. ;)

You forgot duct tape but I won't hold that against ya. :D

Duck tape.... I still use baling wire, a big hammer and a pair of pliers..oh and dont forget the monkey wrench

• Like 2

Duck tape.... I still use baling wire, a big hammer and a pair of pliers..oh and dont forget the monkey wrench

Bailing wire is great! I use it all the time around the house. The tie rod end on my little lawn and garden tractor broke 6 or 7 years ago and that bailing wire repair is still going strong! :-)

I finally have my entire display on timers/controllers.  

I have X10 modules on all static displays.

The last thing I have to do is build a relay that shuts off the 12vdc power to my FM transmitter when the 120vac power gets shut off.

Relay should arrive in the mail today.

I use a portable battery to power the FM transmitter because I couldn't find a power supply for less than 50 dollars that had filtered output.

All LED and one RGB tree prop. No plans for CCR/CCB/CCP. Most likely will replace some old props with some Coro Trees (dumb RGB) next year.

• 1 year later...
On 11/7/2014 at 9:16 PM, Santas Helper said:

I'm talkin about "NO" DMX, or CCRs, CCPs, CCXYZs or even smarty strips.

Just old fashioned controllers for incans and LED strands, or LED devices using 12V controllers.

I have yet to dive into the other world of DMX or networks. And for now, I have no plans to.

I don't have icans but have ventured into LED strands and LED RGB stuff but keep using 120V or 12V controllers for those.

I'll have to say though, I upgraded from version 1 to version 3 last year. :)

But I still have a computer with version 1 on it, just in case the world comes to an end or something like that. B)

Am I alone here?

So, now is it just me?

• Like 1

Well Daniel, I'm not out of the Old School class just yet but I'm gettin close. :)

And I still have that computer with V1 on it. You never know how the election will turn out. :ph34r: