Light-O-Rama Forums

Lights/sequence stops, music continues, HELP!!

everett johnson

My lights go off during a show but music continues playing. Lights never quit at same spot/sequence during the show. LORTRAY gives an error message “this program is not responding”

This is the same computer used last year, Dell Dimension running XP with LOR file version 1.5.0.0. Many of the sequences are also from last year. I did add 48 new channels and they are an exact duplicate/copy of the 48 used from last year. A 43-foot tree utilized 48 of the channels in 2006. We added 48 rows/channels up and down my roof, revised the animation, and copied the first 48 into the second 48.]

I have cleaned/uninstalled files and software from the computer so as nothing interferes with LOR programming. Computer/monitor/hard drive options have been set to never hibernate or shutdown. No screensaver is active. No virus/spy ware/firewall protection is installed. Automatic updates have been turned off. All programs have been removed from the startup menu. Power is from 11 different/dedicated 20 amp circuits.

Have I supplied enough information?

Any suggestions what to do?

Thanks, Everett

Try upgrading your software to the current version 1.69 1.5 is an older version and many fixes ahve been put out. make sure your breaker and gfci outlets are not tripping, sounds like you need the LOR upgrade though. try that and see what happens.

Thanks for the quick response.

Breakers are ok. None have tripped.

When the problem does occur I close the non-responding tray and restart with the show coming back on and all lights working.

I will upgrade when I get home this evening. Hopefully this will be the fix.

Thanks, Everett

That's odd...I had the exact same thing happen yesterday evening. Everything hung up and Windows wouldn't even shut down, so I had to do unplug the PC and start over. After re-booting, everything seemed to be fine. My only problem is that if and when I have a problem with my show, I usually won't know it as my light display is at my business and I close and leave before dark. I live 15 miles away so it isn't convenient to drop by to check it out during the evening. I just have to trust that it works as it should.

Oh and BTW, I run version 1.6.3.

This seems to be a different issue than the shows stopping. The problem that is fixed with the updated software version is that the sequence editor didn't end the sequences properly. I have done the necessary fixes as per Dan to remedy that problem. This is an entirely different issue, or at least it seems to be to me.

Everything is cool!!!! Lights, music, shows.....LOR is working, as it should.

Sometimes we are our own worst enemies, we make mistakes.

Before trying any upgrades I had my son come over and check the system. He found that I, or some gremlin, had crossed some of my communication cables running between controllers. They were inserted into the "in" when it should have been "out". How the system ever worked at all is a mystery.

Earlier this week I ran the hardware check and all red lights were solid. I never checked to see if "all" controllers were detected. I assumed wrong. Why it worked without clear communication I will never know. All seven controllers have been found, cables have been inserted into the correct locations and we are up and running.

Thanks for all you help.

Everett

I thought there was no specific "in" or "out" with the cat5 cables...I'm almost certain you can plug them in to either port.

I am having the same problem...only my music stops too. My hardware detect does see all of my controllers. This happened with 1.6.3 & 1.6.9. I'm still waiting on a response for my troubles. If your's persists...maybe my solution (if any) will help you.

As far as the cat5 cables go i believe you are correct they can go either way. but maybe it would not hurt to try them as 1st one as in and 2nd as out. according to the manual you only use the phone jack as input then one of the cat 5 as out.

as far as show stopping, i know they are working on that from what i have read. i am running the LORII 2.04 gamma and so far so good.