Light-O-Rama Forums

Skipping Channels

Stawski

What happens with the show if I skip channels on some of the contropllers? Will it seem off sinc? Newbie here with 64 channels, 24,000 lights but have not done my own sequencing. I purchased the 32 channel sequences from LOR and it is working OK the way I have it set up but I am thinking I really don't have enopugh channels for the number of lights and I have things jumping around too much. I can re-configure my power cords to make things a little more semetrical but it would mean I would be overloaded on some controllers (mirroring) if I used all channels. Which brings to me to the origianl question, if I was to skip 3 or 4 channels in a row, how would that work? My gut tells me it wont. This late in the game I may be better off leaving it as is and adjust next year. But I am a prefectionist! Any thoughts?

I'm really not sure what you mean by "skipping channels". If you're asking whether you can leave some channels unused, then sure-- absolutely no issues with that. Just leave them unconnected and don't program any lighting events for them (or you don't even need to put them in the grid at all).

If you're asking something else, then please clarify...

-Tim

Stawski wrote:

Thanks Tim, that is what I am asking, but here is the problem, I am not programming my own, I bought the pre-programed sequences from LOR.

Well, you'll be missing some of the effects obviously, but it won't hurt anything if you just don't plug anything into the unused channels.

-Tim

I think I figured out a way to make it work without skipping any, I will just be spending a day re-configuring extension cords, but it is the right thing to do. Beginers trial and error - cost me some time but oh well. Thanks.