Light-O-Rama Forums

a easy problem

Guest guest

i don't have the new boards till the sale but i wanted to get some shows ready for next year i wanted to know i can put the first 16 Chanel's i just click on the first one put the settings in it is not on my computer now when i try to do the other ones it doesn't ask for how many Chanel's 6, 8 or 16do i need them before i can set the Chanel's

thanks

The auto fill function for LOR channels only works if the next channel information has not been modified (i.e. name changes, device other than "no device") I how this is this is the answer to the question you are asking.

skipper69 wrote:

i don't have the new boards till the sale but i wanted to get some shows ready for next year i wanted to know i can put the first 16 Chanel's i just click on the first one put the settings in it is not on my computer now when i try to do the other ones it doesn't ask for how many Chanel's 6, 8 or 16do i need them before i can set the Chanel's

thanks

Hi Skipper69...

You do need to set up all the channels once. So if you are going with 2 16 channel controllers then you need to have all 32 channels setup. Try and plan out where your controllers are going to be and what is going to be plugged into each circuit on the controller.

For example Unit 01 - Circuit 9 may be Mini Tree 4 - Red,,,,, Unit 01 - Circuit 10 may be Mini Tree 4 - Clear.....

Once you have that chart ready then set up your channels in the sequence editor and put them where it makes sense..... For example: If you have mini trees you most likely want them in order as they appear on the ground regardless of the what units or circuits of the units they are on...

Get it all setup, Do an export Channel Config then from then on you can Import that configuration into your new sequences

see if im right you have to set up each chanel seprate like the first box could be 1-1

then the 2 block could be 2-1 then the third could be 1-16 if not

you lost me on the last turn you said right and i went left:laughing:

skipper69 wrote:

see if im right you have to set up each chanel seprate like the first box could be 1-1 then the 2 block could be 2-1 then the third could be 1-16 if not you lost me on the last turn you said right and i went left:laughing:

That is correct.

Make sure to use the Export/Import to reuse your channel config once it is setup the way you want it.

For those of me that's not too bright, I have a 48 channel configuration that I just named and organized for my future display (Come on April!) I don't have the boards yet, so I've been spending time sequencing. Do I need to set the channel config ( plan to use CTB-08 boards). Will I need to assign each block of 8 channels, or will the software auto-assign the named channels once I configure the hardware? I noticed while playing around, that assigning the channels renamed the channels, so if I assign them, and then change the name, are they still assigned? Sorry.....real novice stuff, and hopefully not already talked to death!

Thanks;

OCJ

OC Jerry wrote:

For those of me that's not too bright, I have a 48 channel configuration that I just named and organized for my future display (Come on April!) I don't have the boards yet, so I've been spending time sequencing. Do I need to set the channel config ( plan to use CTB-08 boards). Will I need to assign each block of 8 channels, or will the software auto-assign the named channels once I configure the hardware? I noticed while playing around, that assigning the channels renamed the channels, so if I assign them, and then change the name, are they still assigned? Sorry.....real novice stuff, and hopefully not already talked to death!

Thanks;

OCJ

Hello OCJ,

When you assign the channels, it will follow with another block asking to assign 6, 8 or 16 channels. Pic 8 (for an 8 channel board) and it will assign the remaining 7 channels for you. The name of those channels will change. When you rename each channel, the assigned info will stay with each channel. You are only changing the name of each channel, not the assignment. Then repeat the process for each unit that will be used following the first 8 channels you already assigned.

Once you have done this for your first sequence, then all you have to do is export the channel config to a new sequence you start and the channels' assignment and names will stay the same.

Hope that helps, Tom

Thanks. That's a big help. I can now go back and assign the channels, then rename. It will make my configuration a little more complete, and save me from doing each one all over again. Thanks again for the help. So much spinning in my brain with all left to do! Only 9-10 months to build from the ground up! Tick, tick, tick!

OCJ