Light-O-Rama Forums

Need opinion on Sequence

darkclown

Hey guys I need your opinion on a sequence I made. Take into account this is only the second one I have made. My son begged me to make this one song for him so I did. For some reason after I recorded it the audio and lights don't quite match up together they do when I am running it on my computer I just think there was some sort of lag when I was recording. Oh well.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC5gjca_Iq4

You are certainly way out of sync. First question is the obvious, are you using an MP3 song and if so, is it CBR (Constant Bit Rate or VBR (Variable Bit Rate). Needs to be CBR. 

That's what I was telling you in my first post when I recorded the playback thats when it looks like it is out of sync. It's not out of sync when I play it back through the sequence editor on my computer. Only the video I made looks out of sync. So I think it was the video software I used had some lag when I made the recording. I will try a different recording software and see if that does it.

Sorry, I misunderstood that. Contact Robert at holidaysequences.com as he has a method to grab a video window directly from the screen itself. Its how he displays his sequences for sale.

The visualizer uses a lot of resources. Try to make your background size smaller. Thus will help with the video lag

Audacity is a program that can set your MP3  files to constatn bitrate. I believe the setting in it is 128KBPS...

I had to use it on a couple of my MP3's as the synch was out of whack. :D

Sorry, I misunderstood that. Contact Robert at holidaysequences.com as he has a method to grab a video window directly from the screen itself. Its how he displays his sequences for sale.

Ok cool thanks. I will see what I can come up with. Thanks

Looks pretty great for one of your first times, Hope your son loves it. I would consider adding another string of white lights ( icicles I am assuming ) over your garage peak and tie it in to the same channel as the ones you have over the front door. Add some balance to your display.

Looks pretty great for one of your first times, Hope your son loves it. I would consider adding another string of white lights ( icicles I am assuming ) over your garage peak and tie it in to the same channel as the ones you have over the front door. Add some balance to your display.

That's a good idea thanks.

A newbie has a question about sequencing. What is the difference in LOR software of Superstar's soft ware an they be sync together? And if so where can you purchase the Superstar software.

Its available on the main LOR site, Software, as an Add-On package. It was developed for CCR's but it can be used on other strings, strips, pixels and etc...I don't know the limitations other than the licensing is for CCR count.... 2-4, 4-8, 8-24 and similar or something like that.