Feature Requests: Tim's Top 10

Tim Fischer

Now that version 2.0.16 has been released, I'd like to state some of my most desired feature requests:

• RDS support. This would probably be a setting in the show editor that specifies a text file that will be written with the info from the "Sequence Information".
  • The ability to leave a channel on at the end of a sequence (or show). I would use this to turn the outside lights back on. This could be a channel setting that would make the show runner not turn that particular channel off when the sequence is finished.
  • A command-line program that would start or stop a show.

I believe I have already send these requests to wishlist@lightorama.com . I'm hoping that other people want these features and will also send email.

Is there any word an whether these will appear before Christmas?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tim Fischer

• Push Eject

• taybrynn

• Duke

I really think a better grouping mechanism is my #1 request. I mean a grouping (or tagging) concept that spans all tracks and even comes into the visualizer.

I also think a number of wizards could be created to deal with arches, mega trees, half megas and maybe even mini-trees in some more populate configurations. Those kind of things would be big hitters, after the ability to create groups using tags.

I like the RDS stuff too, but feel that since there are no mainstream transmitters that are really are RDS ready (out of the box / kit) for this just yet, just hackable transmitters that a handful of folks have acquired and added RDS to .... I don't think were at the point where functionality for such a small crowd is the biggest need. I think when the new transmitters come out that have integrated RDS support, then I'd expect S2 RDS support within a year from that time.

I'm looking at the latest release and feeling rather disappointed it didn't have anything much to get excited about. Pretty much just a bug fix release, I guess.

taybrynn wrote:

but feel that since there are no mainstream transmitters that are really are RDS ready (out of the box / kit) for this just yet, just hackable transmitters that a handful of folks have acquired and added RDS to .... I don't think were at the point where functionality for such a small crowd is the biggest need.

I have mixed feelings about this. It seems that LOR lighting is so popular now that we have one in every block. Yes, that may be an exageration, but I've been to 4 LOR houses with transmitters in my area (3, counting me, are members in this forum), and I haven't even looked that hard.

The RDS feature is number 1 on my list, but everybody's list is different. And that feature is of those that could become popular just because it gets added to LOR. It's kind of a "If we build it, they will come." feature. At the moment, there are LOR users who haven't done the RDS hack simply beause they can't use it because LOR doesn't [yet] support it. And the hack is easy for anyone who has enough soldering experience from building a CTB16PC.

LightORamaDan

taybrynn wrote:

[snip]
I'm looking at the latest release and feeling rather disappointed it didn't have anything much to get excited about. Pretty much just a bug fix release, I guess.

Yes the main purpose of 2.0.16 was to extend the experation date and to at the same time include some bug fixes.

The next release 2.1.0 will have the license code in it and little else.

We plan one more feature release this year. The exact contents are not yet defined but it will include more lighting effects and a generic mechanism to perform tasks such as sending RDS info on a transmitter.

Dan

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Include the ability to move multiple channels to another track all at one time.

It would save so much time.

Dan

please add the iDMX to the drop down of types on controllers, and have it create 256 channels:)

• 3 months later...
Richard Hamilton

LightORamaDan wrote:

We plan one more feature release this year. The exact contents are not yet defined but it will include more lighting effects and a generic mechanism to perform tasks such as sending RDS info on a transmitter.

Dan

Oh, I am looking forward to RDS. Last year I did a timing "HACK" with another program to time the transmission of RDS data to LOR songs being played. That's something I would not do again because it was too cumbersome. Having RDS output from LOR would be really cool.