Light-O-Rama Forums

Fading in RGB

dgrant

Has anyone found an easier way to dim or fade, up or down, RGB colors? Its easy to use the color fade tool for changing colors but they are always on %100. Yes, we can easily fade RGB in White as needed but lets say, I want Orange which is %100 red and about %30 green...then fade it...is there an easy way to accomplish this? I've tried the foreground and background settings but so far, nothing shows up making this work easily. Intelligent fade doesn't work either. Either I've not found it, blind...or its not available yet. The dumb rgb leds are too bright and I need to tone them down which includes the fades.

• Like 1

The software needs a way to select a row(s) and globally change the intensity across the whole or partial selected row(s) without changing the dims/fades/twinkles/shimmers, if on at all. I wonder if this is coming with the new release?

Has anyone found an easier way to dim or fade, up or down, RGB colors? Its easy to use the color fade tool for changing colors but they are always on %100. Yes, we can easily fade RGB in White as needed but lets say, I want Orange which is %100 red and about %30 green...then fade it...is there an easy way to accomplish this? I've tried the foreground and background settings but so far, nothing shows up making this work easily. Intelligent fade doesn't work either. Either I've not found it, blind...or its not available yet. The dumb rgb leds are too bright and I need to tone them down which includes the fades.

If you mean fade to or from black, simply select black as the other color on the color fade tool.  If you mean a dimmer version of the same color, manually set the color intensity to whatever you want for the other color on the color fade tool.

As for doing a global dim for an entire row mentioned in one of the other replies, that would be VERY nice!  Only way I know to do that is to manually edit the xml files.

If you mean fade to or from black, simply select black as the other color on the color fade tool.  If you mean a dimmer version of the same color, manually set the color intensity to whatever you want for the other color on the color fade tool.

As for doing a global dim for an entire row mentioned in one of the other replies, that would be VERY nice!  Only way I know to do that is to manually edit the xml files.

Yes I use the color fade tool to black but I Think I know what dgrant means. The colors at 100% are way to bright so I try and run the entire sequence at 50% intensity (128 intensity) and if I take the Red for example and fade it from 50% to 0 (128 intensity to 0 intensity on Red) the fade out or in is very quick. there doesn't seem to be much difference between 1 intensity and 128 intensity. so it really doesn't look like a fade. I am using a CMB24 RGB controller. In the below video the intro part is at 50% and fades to 25% when each bell rings. you can see the fade in the regular incandescent pumpkins and eyes but no fade on the RGB house lights that are super bright even at 50%. that is the issue in a nut shell for me anyways. the CCPs on the roof line seem to fade fine. it is only the Dumb RGB strips that are an issue.

As noted above fade to and from black. If you are running Led or incan's I find you have to extend the RGB fade a bit longer to have everything match

Ok, Selecting a fade to black is a great idea. I'll give that a try and see if its better. Yes, having a tool that will change intensities over a range of cells without altering the fades, twinkles and shimmers would be really nice. They already have the fading twinkle command so it would have been nice to extend the capability to everything else.

So, I have been trying to do this for over a month now...   The only way I have found to do it is in superstar sequencer, it has no problem setting all the lights or some lights at 50% intensity and fading down to 0 or fading up to 50% or morphing at 30% ...   What I have done is have SS set at 50% or70% whatever you want, have it make a show...  open it in editor and find a color close to what you want, copy the cells and paste them over to the sequence you are working on....   it works but it takes time to get what you want..  sometimes I had to run Superstar several times to get the fade or color I was looking for... 

Right now in the sequence editor, when you set intensity, it only does white, all three colors combined...  it should have some kind of selectable switch when working with RGB that just changes the intensity of the cell/color that is there and not set a color (white)...

• Like 1