Jump to content

Big time Controller/Sequence Issues (FIXED)


MattCole
 Share

Recommended Posts

I'm having several channels that are not responding to either show or sequence commands. They either do not respond at all or some stick on and don't respond afterwords (when they are scheduled on and off again) This happens on either of my controllers (16 PC boards) and isn't specific to one side or the other. Several of my sequences have fast movement between channels and some are working but others are not. I have this problem on multiple different sequences.

I initially thought that it was caused by LOR II issues, but I have loaded up LOR 1.6.3 on a different machine (fresh) and tried the sequences there.

I have double checked the channel configurations and they are ok. The weired thing is that I can use the hardware wizard to chase the channels and all works fine. The channels react as they should.

All worked great at Halloween using just one of the controllers.

I built a new animation sequence using slow fades back and forth and am having the same issue.

I don't have the chance to do it tonight but I'm going to try and isolate the controllers to see if one is affecting the other.

I have replaced the network cable from the PC to the first controller and plan to replace the other tomorow.

The only thing that I can think of that everything has in common is the import of a channel config file. I'll be trying one of my Halloween sequences in a bit to eliminate or point at that being the issue.

Attached is one of the sequenced I'm having a problem with. It's using the standard Techno Jingle bells song (and animation was based) on the sequencing example from PLUS.



Anyone have any other ideas?

Matt




Attached files Cole - Jingle Bells Techno.lms

Link to comment
Share on other sites

mark obermiller

Your problem sounds like one I had last year. My PC had trouble communicating with the LOR boards while using the hardware utility. Dan felt that I might have issues with my serial adapter and I should try using a USB adapter. The USB adapter worked just fine in the hardware utility. When I was running my show I had the exact same problems you described. I then reinstalled the serial adapter and this solved my problem while running the show. It just would not working using the hardware utility.

Hope this helps.

Mark

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm leaning towards the channel config file. I just created a sequence from pure scratch and it worked ok. I'm going to try and recreate the a channel config and re-import.

Matt

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just an update for those that may find this issue later. I rebuilt my channel config by building a new sequence and re exporting the .lcc file, re-importing it into my sequences. It solved this issues on both LOR 1.6.3 and LOR II Now to just do a little cleanup (and have to redraw my animation but at least it's working now!

Matt

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...