Light-O-Rama Forums

Lights on multiple channels in a dimmed state

Richard Hamilton

As an experienced user of LOR, I seem to have trouble with this issue.

One of my 6 controllers (an 8-channel unit purchased this year) is working normally during a show with one exception.... between songs during the show, lights on many channels will not turn off fully as expected. They stay in a very dimmed state. When I stop the show at the end of the night, the lights turn off fully. Strangely, this problem occurs only when the show scheduler is running, and it only occurs on one of the 6 controllers. The show is working fine and all channels work as expected during a song.

Any suggestions are welcome as I don't see any clues to this issue on the support board or on the Wiki. Here are some other facts.

The unit is an LOR-800W with most recent 4.01 firmware.
Signals are being sent to all controllers wirelessly.
The channels typically drive one string of incandescent bulbs (about 100 Watts)
A couple of channels have mixed sets of lights (led and incandescent), but still only drawing about 50-150 watts.
Several channels exhibit the "very low light" on state during the show so the reason is NOT due to low power draw of LEDs.
I am not running any "Background" sequences or animations.

To state again, the controller works fine during a song, but not between songs when there is simply an announcement being played with no lights signals being sent.

Thanks for your genius suggestions.

RGH

Check the following:

Hardware Utility: LOR Control tab-> Configure

Select the proper unit.

Make sure Intensity Range says "0%" for minimum.

-Tim

Tim Fischer wrote:

Check the following:

Hardware Utility: LOR Control tab-> Configure

Select the proper unit.

Make sure Intensity Range says "0%" for minimum.

-Tim

Thanks Tim. Good suggestion, but that is not the problem.

Ah Dan, you are a genius. That solved the problem, yet I have no idea on earth why that worked. I never would have figured this out by myself.

When I first received the unit, once of the first things I did was to change the ID number of the unit to the value I needed. I never plugged it in first, and I assume it needed that for some reason.

Thanks for the solution. All works well.

Richard

• 1 year later...