Light-O-Rama Forums

Our 15th year with Synchronized Lights

Richard Hamilton

Thanks to LOR, synchronized displays have gotten easier for us in the last couple of years.

In 1992 we started our display with midi controllers that we used to use with Pink Floyd tours and it was a bit cumbersome to program the sequences and unfortunately midi is just not fast enough to run a lot of channels at fast speeds. Our sole purpose was to collect money for charities from teh generous people that drive by. Thankfully, it has been very successful.

A couple of years we started adding LOR equipment to our display and it has helped us in a lot of ways.

Our two neighbors have joined in on the action, so I transit wireless data to their garages so their lights will be in sync with ours.

Our site that gives all of the details is at http://MagicLightShow.com (ok, so I was desperate to find a domain name that was not taken). We also have a bulletin board there as well, so we hope to see you.

Cheers, and wishing you a safe, happy holiday season.

Richard

That's very cool. I was feeling like an "old timer" with this being our 5th year of synchronized lights, but you've got 3x on me! :D

-Tim

Thank you,

Well, I guess I would still call you an "Old Timer" ;-)

btw, beautiful family photo. I am sure the kids will grow up to enjoy your Christmas displays.

cheers,

RGH

Very nice Richard....

I was on Pink Floyd's Animal tour.... I was the Pyro. I brought their fireworks thru customs (2 tons). Here is a link to some pictures: http://flashcannon.com/ At one point my pyrotechnics with Blue Oyster Cult was larger than what Kiss had... I see doing the lights now as an extention of my pyrotechnic work....

Oh I want to thank you for the sequences you put up... I was able to learn a lot from you....

Thanks

Mel

melwelch wrote:

Very nice Richard....

I was on Pink Floyd's Animal tour.... I was the Pyro. I brought their fireworks thru customs (2 tons). Here is a link to some pictures: http://flashcannon.com/ At one point my pyrotechnics with Blue Oyster Cult was larger than what Kiss had... I see doing the lights now as an extention of my pyrotechnic work....

Oh I want to thank you for the sequences you put up... I was able to learn a lot from you....

Thanks

Mel

Mel, thanks for the introduction as a PF associate.

I looked at your site and info. Very interesting stuff. I have not heard of you from the Pink Floyd folks, but that is probably because we are from different times. Great job on getting the pyro stuff out to LA. That was a miracle.

Please stay in touch. If you get an opportunity, go to my site and register, or send me a private email. I see we have a lot in common.

Richard

I am posting message for husband. If you are expecting any answers to questions from him, please understand he will not be able to answer them for the next couple of weeks.

We have had a death in the family and he had needed to travel out of state.

I have a big list of places to post messages and didn't realize all this internet activity goes on. It was bad enough with all the time spent on doing lights. :shock: There is this stuff too !

Now, back to my own web sites. You know, interesting woman stuff... like decorating... not bits, bytes, and electric things. :D

• The topic was locked