1.6.9 Issue

Randy

I recently upgraded my show computer to 1.6.9 for this season and officially went live tonight for this years show.

I have 24 CTB16D controllers all in the garage and they're all connected with 2 foot cat5 jumpers, so the cabling is relatively short. The hardware utility scanned them successfully and I'm using comm4 on the laptop with a USB cable.

I built a Show using the Show Editor and saved it. It is a combination of announcements and songs in the Musical tab, probably about 20-25 minutes worth.

Then I used the schedule editor to put together the schedule for tonight's show (5:30-10:00pm). We had people over and had gathered in the garage looking at all the controllers, wiring, etc. At about 8:00 (or about 2.5 hours into the show), we walked back outside.

The music was playing normally, but all the lights were all completely out.

I went back into the garage and saw that all the controllers were flashing. So I disabled and quit the control panel, started the hardware utility and did a refresh (scanned all 24 boards successfully). Then I quit the hardware utility and re-enabled the control panel. The show started up from the beginning and the lights worked.

This never happened at all with 1.6.1 last year, but I only had 16 controllers...

Any ideas? Was this just an anomaly? I hope so....I hate to have to keep checking the lights all night long to make sure they're working correctly....Does this sound like the problem that the 1.6.9 fixes solved?

Thanks for any suggestions...Randy

Just had the same issue happen while I was in the garage (One hour after the first time). It was at a different point in the show than the first failure...I reset it as above and it is working again....

Should I dowgrade back to 1.6.1 like I was using last year?

Any other ideas? Thanks, Randy

LightORamaDan

Randy,

If you see that happen again, disable shows then enable them without doing anything else. Tell us if they just start working again.

Dan

Thanks, I'll try that.

I'm using Windows XP on a 2 year old Toshiba laptop with 1.5 GB of RAM.

Randy

LightORamaDan wrote:

Randy,

If you see that happen again, disable shows then enable them without doing anything else. Tell us if they just start working again.

Dan

My show has done this same thing nightly since I installed the new software. When I click disable shows, and then click enable shows it does not work. I am having to reboot the computer, and then run the hardware utility, ande then enable shows. Please someone tell me there is a fix on the way!