play screen only option has a problem

Charles Belcher

Charles Belcher

To any/all LOR II gurus.

I installed LOR II and opened a sequence I built in LOR I. When I play the full sequence everything plays back fine; but when I choose play visible screen only, the playback omits some of the channels.

What is this? It makes me nervous.

Charles

I haven't noticed that myself, but I've only done a few hours of work in LOR II so far...

-Tim

Tim Fischer wrote:

I haven't noticed that myself, but I've only done a few hours of work in LOR II so far...

Reading another thread, someone reported this as possibly a Vista issue? I use XP (and 98SE on my show machine, but I haven't done much with LOR II over there yet).

-Tim

LightORamaDan

Charles Belcher wrote:

To any/all LOR II gurus.

I installed LOR II and opened a sequence I built in LOR I. When I play the full sequence everything plays back fine; but when I choose play visible screen only, the playback omits some of the channels.

What is this? It makes me nervous.

Charles

Charles,

When you say that it omits some channels is that on the screen that they are not showing up. How exacty are thy ommited?

Charles Belcher

Dan,

I use XP Pro on the same computer I used last year. If I go to the beginning of the first song and play the full sequence, all channels play back correctly.

If I go to the beginning of the first song and play the visible screen only, three of the five channels I have programmed do not come on.

Charles

Charles Belcher

Dan or LOR II Gurus,

Also tonight when testing the sequence again, I have a channel which is on most of the time. I only turn it off on two songs, but the channel just turns off on it's own when it is programmed to be on at 100%.

Charles

I've finally had a few moments to work on a non-musical animation sequence in LOR II the last few evenings. I am experiencing an issue that I believe is similiar to what you are describing. Here is what I am observing using "Play Visible Screen" and working with 4 channels:

I'll click play & I can see the cursor start to move indicating the animation is being played. All 4 of my channels have a "On" even in the first few seconds of the screen. None of the 4 channels turn on. 2 seconds into the screen my first channel hits a dim event. The channel pops on to 100% then dims down & behaves fine for the rest of the screen.

So it would seem even though the screen starts with all 4 channels on, the sequence editor isn't telling them to turn on until there is some sort of change in the sequence. It seems like LOR I handled this differently; LOR I would have turned all 4 channels on.

I too am using Vista. :X

Dan