Light-O-Rama Forums

CMB24D on a DMX Network

Ron Boyd

OK, I know I've posted a lot of info for this and DMX in the past, and I already have mine set up for a LOR network. After setting up my spreadsheet to tell me in a month or two where to wire everything up, I changed my mind. I want to run this board in DMX mode so as to utilize it in my E1.31 network. I know how to change the jumpers and I know how to set everything up with the exception of one detail. This leads me to my question.

Once I set the jumper to the DMX side, does that change everything over to Pins 1 and 2 on the Cat5e, from 4 and 5 and make it a true DMX board or, will I need a LOR to DMX adapter cable?

So, which is it?

Don't quote me on this ... I could be 100% wrong here.

I think if you run it from a regular LOR adapter you can specify RAW DMX as the output. That would be the DMX processing on your PC instead of at the DMX device, though. At that point, I *think* would need a cable that's swapped. (Which I suspect is the same thing as the LOR cable.)

If you connect it via one of the approved DMX adapters, then it would be connected, well, however it's connected. Amazingly, I haven't gotten around to DMX on LOR stuff yet.

• The topic was locked