Light-O-Rama Forums

ADVENTURE the first night

musicman130

Well, first night didn't go as planned. As some of you saw before I have some audio "oddities" to begin with on my win 98 show machine. well, tonight I let the show start and looked out at one point and no lights. Figured it was on the2 second time in between songs. still, no lights, turn on radio and hear the song stuck on one note. Naturally, I sprint to the computer and guess what I see? The UNHOLY Blue Screen of Death. Who knows how long that was up. Instead of just restarting and hoping, I grabbed my laptop and quickly set the show up and started to run it using my laptop for the night.

I have NO IDEA what is going on. I thought maybe it was 98, so I tried to install my update to XP on it. The computer freaked out and errored many, MANY times and then I had all kinds of corrupted files. I tried it a couple more times taking out cards and it always happened. I know I have enough system to do it. I guess it's the video card. So, I guess tomorrow put win98SE on again and hope that itdoesn't happen again. I really don't want to use my laptop every night. The display is at my parents house which means I'd have to be there every night with my laptop til it's over.

Rob

had the same problems. one song didn't stop playing even when I did a test on all sequences. Than my son spilled soda on my keyboard and I had no way of shorting the song by taking a few seconds off the end of the sequence. now only my mouse works, and it's fustrates me with all the hard work I put into it. than an hour later I found out my fm transmitter isn't working.

not the way I had hoped for

Attached files 143754=8519-sig1lor9mm.gif

musicman130 wrote:

Well, first night didn't go as planned. As some of you saw before I have some audio "oddities" to begin with on my win 98 show machine. well, tonight I let the show start and looked out at one point and no lights. Figured it was on the2 second time in between songs. still, no lights, turn on radio and hear the song stuck on one note. Naturally, I sprint to the computer and guess what I see? The UNHOLY Blue Screen of Death. Who knows how long that was up. Instead of just restarting and hoping, I grabbed my laptop and quickly set the show up and started to run it using my laptop for the night.

I have NO IDEA what is going on. I thought maybe it was 98, so I tried to install my update to XP on it. The computer freaked out and errored many, MANY times and then I had all kinds of corrupted files. I tried it a couple more times taking out cards and it always happened. I know I have enough system to do it. I guess it's the video card. So, I guess tomorrow put win98SE on again and hope that itdoesn't happen again. I really don't want to use my laptop every night. The display is at my parents house which means I'd have to be there every night with my laptop til it's over.

Rob

Rob,

I just spent numerous hours on sequences and such, got the yard set up just right. All 64 channels (well, that was the plan) on the day of "set up" and WHAM!

The whole 1.6.3 program disappeared from my laptop. Finally with Dan's email help, We got that problem solved. But last night only three of the four controllers were working properly.

So the whole right side of my house is dark. The rest looks great. The neighborhood kids all love it, but, you and I know ... "it's just not right".

Anyway...The light show is just a tool I use to tell others of the real reason our family celebrates CHRISTmas. We celebrate the birth of our Saviour, Jesus Christ.

Merry Christmas and Let your Lights Shine!

I had my display out for one night and someone appears to have tampered with it as mutliple cords were ripped out. This woulnd't have been a big problem except one of the cords they ripped out was the hot lead to the power cord, and it shorted out on the neutral terminal. This fried the board and now I am anxiously waiting on the pros at LOR to get me back up and running.

It's just frusterating to have the show on for 1 night and have these problems. Oh well, live and learn....now I will try and add an alarm, or secure the cords much more securely.