Light-O-Rama Forums

Show editor question

randallr

When I make changes to a sequence that's included in a current show, does the change take effect... i.e., is the schedular reading each individual musical sequence file?

Randall

Changing a part of a show while LOR is enabled will sometimes work but is just as likely to crash the show completely and mess up the schedule.
Always disable the show before making changes just to be safe.

So far, I've been working on the files while the show is running. But I've got the files on the file server and have one computer that runs the shows- and another that is my production workstation. (24" main screen and 19" second display for keeping the animation open)

Haven't had any issue with crashing- but I could swear that some changes that I made weren't running in the show when I looked out the window.

I didn't know if I had to delete the show and rebuild it, or if it just 'referenced' the .lms file....

Since this is my first year and I'm in the "fine tuning" phase, I am constantly making changes to sequences while the show is running. I edit the sequence at a different computer (so I can play the audio and have a comfortable chair), burn it on a CD-ROM, and just drop it on the show computer. The next time the show plays that sequence, it finds the new sequence file and loads it. No problem!

If the sequence in question is the background sequence, then it won't reload it, so I have to restart the show. The fastest way to restart is to simply disable and enable shows.

Once I changed the actual show while it was running. My memory could be fooling me, but I believe it actually shut down the show and restarted it without me having to do anything else.

I hope this information is correct. It is just my observation and experience playing with LOR.

It appears that when you edit a sequence, the show editor picks up the changes the next time you start the show.

Also, I have not had any trouble in the last two years editing a sequence while the show is running, but in order for the updated sequences to take effect, I stop the show and restart it.