Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR S3 update?

Alan Hanson

I would prefer the promised "communicate"

Even if I can't get the (coming)  "update".

But I too will stay the course with LOR.

Maybe Dan could just tell us whiners to be quiet and sit down. LOL ;)

• Like 1

My files last year were 50 meg to about 400 meg. This year i have one that is 1 gig and another that is 800 meg. Will be real interesting how they play this year.

I too had a pretty good computer running the show.

Doug,

Let's check back with each other as we do our first round of testing to see how things are going. I'm probably about 2 weeks away for doing a stress test on the network. I'll report back as well.

A few days ago, i decided to do a few Halloween songs with what Christmas lights I had up so far.

Sequence size on this one is 470 meg.

The sequence editor tells me there is 28,000 channels for this sequence. Only 12,000 or so are actually sequenced.

Here is the video from last night.

I for one would still love to see an update this year. I dont think its to late in the game this year to upgrade at all. If anything its the perfect time to upgrade while everything is getting setup and hooked up. Backup all your sequences off site in the cloud or on a flash drive and test output and real life display show testing with some new software. If there is a problem you uninstall and roll back to an older version. Now is the perfect time for a new update IMHO. If you want to know if a canoe will float you put it in water.

Lets do some beta testing.............

;) ;) ;)

With everyones display getting more and more complicated I couldnt think of a better time to try out new software. E1.31, LOR PC-16 controllers, CCB's, CCP's, CCF's, CCR's, ELL's, etc. They are all getting hooked up right now by everyone. Would be a pain to actually have to hook all that up in spring and test output to everything with new software. We might as well test it now and help find the bugs before the masses upgrade.

A few days ago, i decided to do a few Halloween songs with what Christmas lights I had up so far.

Sequence size on this one is 470 meg.

The sequence editor tells me there is 28,000 channels for this sequence. Only 12,000 or so are actually sequenced.

Here is the video from last night.

Wow.  Looks like it's handling things well.  I'm cautiously optimistic that I'll see the same type of results.  I'm a couple weeks away from that "test", but I'll report back.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it ironic that the last words of Dans post some 3 months ago during his last "every Friday"  "Light O Rama Software Development Updates" topic were

"I am looking forward to the new software we will see coming from our development team: Bob, Mike, Brian and Matt !"

• 2 weeks later...

:( :( :(

I'll put my hand up to be a tester, 30K chans.  All I wanted for Xmas was (not my 2 front teeth) but more fixtures on Visualizer :(

Shell is a legend.

I got 1 of the things that I wanted for Christmas. I finally got information that LOR wouldn't have a new release this year. I was really hoping for some good news but a reply, finally, is at least a reply and I now know that I will continue to slog away with what I've got with the anticipation of some more LOR goodness in the New Year.

Thanks to all who are developing the new update and hoping to see it soon.

A huge software change would be stupid during the busiest season for LOR October to December.    I would rather have them bring it out in January or February so we have time to figure it out during the slow time.   Then let LOR have all year long to fix bugs.    Nothing like updating software to find out your show wont work or crashes when you aren't there.   I for one like that I can leave for days and it still works as it stands now.  However my show is changing for next year and the channel count will double.  So I will most likely be looking elsewhere if LOR cant get it out for me to test.       

• Like 1

My show computer will keep running fine while I test sequencing on my development machine.    I think its great to have  alpha or beta software to test after new years while the lights are all still up but traffic is tapering off.   Since I am off work for the two weeks before, I could even try something new during the daytime hours and switch back by evening to the production release.     Thanks Dan for the heads up and looking forward to it.