Light-O-Rama Forums

Setting up a pixel mega tree in S3

starzen

Adding an E1.31 pixel mega tree this year. Whats the best way to set up the channels in LOR so I can add them to my existing LOR and DMX channels

the tree consists out of 16 strings with 40 pixels each. The strings are zig zag meaning I cant simply create 480 channels as the channel numbers start at the bottom go up and then come down and then up again

Anything easier than having to create them manually ?

I am not going to sequence the pixels in LOR probably but just need them to be there so I can import data from xlights/nutcracker to play

any other tips are appreciated to get this set up correctly

thanks

Mike

Nutcracker can take care of that as I do the same thing.  You just tell it 3 for every 1 and off you go.  A bit more technical than that, but I don't have the software in front of me.

The trick then is to modify the .lms output file to Group the RGB channels into Universes.  Then copy (a few at a time)  into your LOR sequence file.

In my case I use 10 physical strings (Up, Down, Up) = 10 Universes.  Channel 1 - 405 is Universe #1, etc...

Edited by Liberty-Laser

I have it working in Nutcracker but I am not sure how to get it into S3. Nutcracker knows to number the channels properly based on the strings and strands but I am guessing if I simply paste the data from the clipboard file every second strand will be reversed in S3 ?

my physical setup is 16 strings with 40 pixels each (up down up down, etc). I set up nutcracker with 8 strings and 2 strands each and it works fine in nutcracker.

in LOR i can create 4 universes with 160 rgb channels but every other strand would be numbered incorrectly, no ?

thanks for any help

This is of interest to me, as last year I did 48 strings, of 55 pixels each, an each string had their own connection from the bottom. THis year, I'm doing 24 strings of 110 pixels, with 55 up and 55 down.  Of course Nutcracker numbers things accordingly, based on the 2 string per string,  but LOR, I'm unsure how I should be configuring my channels. I did each string on the tree as 165 channels, but My concern is if I were to sequence anything in LOR on this, will every other string have a backwards effects?  I have already added all of them in the sequence editor, the ole painful way without vegomatic, but it wasn't as bad as last years for some reason.  Perhaps I should sequence something in LOR, move it to Xlights to see what it looks like on the visualizer there...anyone have first hand knowledge on this...which I'm sure there are tons of people. 

I haven't had much luck going from LOR to XLights (Nutcracker), but the other way around I have done a lot.  I'll try to do some screen captures & post them later tonight.

This link might be useful but not sure if this works yet, I'm in the same boat attempting to add nutcracker effects (mega tree, arches and star bursts) to my existing and future lms files.

http://nutcracker123.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=dvl8hiicbj0boa59cgfma0ocl3&topic=211.0

This link might be useful but not sure if this works yet, I'm in the same boat attempting to add nutcracker effects (mega tree, arches and star bursts) to my existing and future lms files.

http://nutcracker123.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=dvl8hiicbj0boa59cgfma0ocl3&topic=211.0

I added NC effects last year via clipboard, but my main concern or question is the way LOR channel configuration is with a single light string going up and then down...I will probably start diggin around for the video as there is usually one out there.

thanks for all the help. Last night i did a test and realized there was no issue at all. XLights exports the clipboard in the proper order to be pasted into LOR and all seemed to work fine

just to recap.

I set up my tree in XLights similar to what liberty-lasers pdf shows. Physically i had 16 strings with 40 pixels starting at the bottom left going up then connected at the top coming down and back up and so on.

In Xlights i created a model with 8 strings with 80 pixels and 2 strands each. In LOR i simply added 4 devices (4 universes) with 480 channels each. Then i converted them to RGB (640 RGB pixels)

then in XLIghts i exported to LOR Clipboard. Loaded LOR clipboard in LOR and pasted into sequence.