problem I cant solve

k9smith

I have an inflatable on channel 6-16 that doenst come on. when I try to turn it on in the hardware utility it works fine. when I run the show it doenst work. when i run just a sequence it doesnt work. I tried moving it to another channel, 5-7, it still doenst work. I just tried plugging it into a channel that I know works and it still wont work. Is it a problem with not being able to run an inflatable?

Thanks Joe

So you plug inflat. into outlet in the wall it works. Have it connected to channel with HWU and it works. But during sequence not.

Sounds like a channel setup problem in the sequence itself then.

I think this is what you are saying, but just to be sure - if you run your sequence now as programmed, you will see everything else turning on/off as expected. Let's say controller 1, channel 1 is a green bush. Turns on/off as you want during the sequence. Are you saying that you then unplug green bush from contr 1/channel1 and plug in the inflat., and re-run sequence will not turn on the inflat?

k9smith wrote:

yes thats whats happening. I made sure to plug it into a chan that is 100% on for the enitre song.

Let's remove "inflatable" from the equation by substituting a string of (known-good) mini lights into the affected channels. Do the lights work properly?

-Tim

Wait... it works fine in the HWU, but not in a sequence?

Could you post your hardware setup? You are running LOR II, but did this work with LOR I?

Charlie

yes i unplugged a set of lights that was working and plugged in the inflatable. the inflatable wont work. im just going to put it on a timer like last year a worry about it later just thought i was missing something. Thanks anyway. im running LORII.

Jeff,
I have about a dozen I have done that to. Inflate with a timer and control lights with LOR.

Did I mention that all of my inflatables are still in the boxes this year?
Or that all of my blowmolds are still inside the shop?:P

• 10 months later...

Seperating my blowers and light is my project for the night, so I just want to make sure i get this right.

I have a cord going into the blower, and a cord going from the blower to the lights.

I can cut the cord between the blower and lights, and add a plug to the light half of the cord, and tape up the other half.

Then put the blower on a timer and run the lights off of LOR.

Does that sound correct?

And which warranty is this voiding...the Inflatable or the LOR?

crazytrain83 wrote:

Seperating my blowers and light is my project for the night, so I just want to make sure i get this right.

I have a cord going into the blower, and a cord going from the blower to the lights.

I can cut the cord between the blower and lights, and add a plug to the light half of the cord, and tape up the other half.

Then put the blower on a timer and run the lights off of LOR.

Does that sound correct?

You have it correct. I believe the warranty statement was made concerning the use of LOR to control the actual blower motor.

crazytrain83 wrote:

Cutting the wire in the inflatable and putting a plug on it voids the inflatable warrantee. Running the inflatable motor with LOR may void the inflatable warrantee if you turn it on and off quickly or try to 'fade' the motor.

If it were me, I'd put a socket on the wire from the motor. Safer, and you could easily restore the inflatable to 'normal' operation.