Light-O-Rama Forums

Audio Source

cenote

New little problem tonight. I got errors on my sequencer tonight telling me it can not find my audio source file for the sequence. have not had a problem on my "Master computer" I copied the shows over to my xmas computer and ran good for a couple of nights. Tonight when I went to test fire the lights for guest, it could not find the audio source for ever show. I reselected the audio file in the folders, and when I did this, it still gave me an error unable to find source.

I put all my music in a folder on my desktop. Never gave me problems storing things here. I created another folder tonight on desktop and copied all the song to it. Than changed eached show file to that audio source, and worked fine.

Anybody think there is a problem with windows or the program?

I am using windows xp first edtion, with media player 10.x on this machine. I do not have internet access with this machine, was tough enough getting xp in it being the age of it.

thanks, chuck

It would be considered a best practice to keep your audio and sequence files in the same directory on each computer.

That directory, structure, is relative.

For example, on my sequencing machine my path is d:lordata2007

On my show machine it is c:program fileslight-o-rama

Each computer has the sequences in 'sequences' and audio in 'audio'

I can move the files between computers and not run into a problem.

I would double check the location of your audio files on the show machine.

I actually clicked on the audio file on my show computer, resaved it, and still gives me the same error. But when I create a new folder, copy the adio file to it, it works.

I will move all the files to the same directory tomorrow and let you know.

Thanks

Chuck

cenote wrote:

I actually clicked on the audio file on my show computer, resaved it, and still gives me the same error. But when I create a new folder, copy the adio file to it, it works.

I will move all the files to the same directory tomorrow and let you know.

Thanks

Chuck

Did you see my thread describing the same problem and possible work-around? Do you use any backup software? This is typically how the archive bit gets cleared

http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/forum72/15345.html

Mark

Mark Steele wrote:

Did you see my thread describing the same problem and possible work-around? Do you use any backup software? This is typically how the archive bit gets cleared

http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/forum72/15345.html

Mark

Ah, thankyou :D

Clicked on the archives and and works now. Yeah, your right, little pain in the ....

Chuck