Light-O-Rama Forums

Repeats that this is the first time I've used since update

thevikester

Everytime I open the sequence editor, it makes me go thru all the prompts as if it were the first time I've used it since I've updated it.  Been using the software for 5 years, so not a newb with it by any stretch, but what the heck am I missing or should I just unload and reload, as its getting bothersome.

Something majorly wrong there.  For some reason the postinstall program is unable to set a value in the registry.   OR you could have an old version of one or more program alongside new ones.

Are you sure you are not using two different versions of LOR?   Do you have a short cut to SE or are you using the icon in the tray?   Are you opening SE  from file explorer and clicking a song? 

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Light-O-Rama\Shared\PostInstall    should be 1 

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Light-O-Rama\Shared\PostInstallVer should be 28

Something majorly wrong there.  For some reason the postinstall program is unable to set a value in the registry.   OR you could have an old version of one or more program alongside new ones.

Are you sure you are not using two different versions of LOR?   Do you have a short cut to SE or are you using the icon in the tray?   Are you opening SE  from file explorer and clicking a song? 

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Light-O-Rama\Shared\PostInstall    should be 1 

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Light-O-Rama\Shared\PostInstallVer should be 28

I went under diagnostics, and it shows that the Post Install Ver = 28  I'm not seeing the HKEY_CURRENT anywhere...but obviously I'm not looking in the right place.

I open it from my programs start menu as I pinned it there...If I've had it open, and close it while still working on other things, and then reopen, no issue, but anytime I close my computer or do a restart, its like starting fresh.