Light-O-Rama Forums

PC-CTB16PC Channel Stuck On

Schuyler Gore

I tested my boxes when I received them and all looked well. I again tested a week prior to tonight to again be sure after mounting them on the tree and powering them up. Then tonight when I powered everything up one of my channels is on and will not turn off. I read before where someone had this problem and it was suggested that it was a bad triac. I have an extra channel on that card not in use so I copied all events down to that extra channel and will run the rest of the season like that but is there anything else that could be a possibility? I am now thinking about going ahead and ordering a standby controller to have on the shelf.

I added 4 of the PC controllers to my display this year and have noticed when I turn on a channel on a controller using the 1.6.6 hardware utility, I can't turn it off using the off, resend command. I have to click the Lights Off button on the lower right corner. I haven't run a show yet so I don't know if it will happen during it or not.

My channel comes on when I plug the unit in, doesn't have to be plugged in to CAT5 cable. I tried to go to Hardware Utility and turn all channels on and then back off but didn't help. Talk about versions, I am still using 1.5 because I never could get 1.6 to work for me and I really would like to try LOR2 but SCARED.

I think I'm the one who started this whole thing with "one channel stuck on" same thing with mine, the computer can be removed and the channel is still on at 50%. I don't have any extra channels close to this controller so I'll put up with it looking funny and everyone telling me "do you know you have one green tree on all night". Good luck the rest of the year.

Schuyler Gore wrote:

My channel comes on when I plug the unit in, doesn't have to be plugged in to CAT5 cable. I tried to go to Hardware Utility and turn all channels on and then back off but didn't help. Talk about versions, I am still using 1.5 because I never could get 1.6 to work for me and I really would like to try LOR2 but SCARED.

Triacs usually fail on or partially on. If the channel is on even when it is not cabled to a network, you can try resetting the controller. It is more likely that the triac has failed and it will have to be repaired.