Light-O-Rama Forums

audio problem when running show

musicman130

Tonight I set up the show and ran it through so that I could watch it and listen and make sure everything was how I wanted it. When listening to it, I noticed that there was a "scratchy" sound during the songs. It would play fine, then have a little scratch type sound. It did this on ALL the songs. My thought, when I transferred the wav files, there were problems, so I ran just the audio through WMP. no problems with the sound. It sounded PERFECT. So, this leads me to believe it's 1 of 2 things. It's either that something is going on with the show in LOR (version 1.5.0 still since I never use the computer other then for the show) or it's just something with the computer. I am using windows 98 SE on it and using the LOR USB adaptor.

anyone else have problems like this before?

Side note, I ran the show using my laptop, no problems with sound at all, it is windows xp and 1.6.1 version of LOR

Thanks for any help,

Rob

Edit: I am using the Ramsey FM30B for the FM transmission

Within LOR we tell Windows Media Player (WMP) to play the song and we rely on WMP to play it correctly.

I am not sure... If you are not at version 9 of WMP on the show machine then try a upgrade. This advice is not based on any real information but it is the only thing that comes to mind.

Hopefully someone else has better advice.

Unfortunately, this did not work. I'm wondering if it's windows 98SE causing prolems with the USB hooked up for the LOR and thus causing some problems with audio since the audio is really controlled by LOR.

I'm running an Athlon 1500+ with 640 meg of memory, I think, so it shouldn't be a problem at all with those specs.

Rob

Are you playing the audio through the sequence editor or the show controller? How fast is the computer?

-Tmi

running the show using the schedule editor so that it will start automatically at the time it's supposed to.

As far as specs: I'm running an Athlon 1500+ with 640 megs of memory on windows 98. Only thing that's loaded is the LOR tray thingy and the other "necessities" for the computer to run.

Rob

never plugged in speakers to it. only the transmitter. It sounds fine with just the wave file playing, but when I actually use LOR to play the music and control the lights, I get that sound. that's why I figured it wasn't the transmitter.

Rob

Electrical interference of some sort between the controllers and the transmitter? It's only a guess, but try moving the transmitter to a different location and plug it into a circuit that is not running the controllers.

Would have been, but now the computer has no audio. Windows got corrupted, somehow and I don't remember how to get on the internet with win 98 anymore. It can see other computers on the network, just not get on the internet itself and thus I have no sound drivers.

So we put LOR on my dad's computer to run the show and there is no problem with the sound. It must be that computer, that's all I can think of at least.

Thanks for all the help though everyone.

Rob