Light-O-Rama Forums

Unique Sequence Editor Error

RJMorris82

Hi everyone,

First time posting here and brand new to LOR this year.  I'm going to be running my shows off my Surface Pro tablet and am having no issues there, but I have been trying to get the LOR S3 software running on my desktop so I can edit some sequences on my desktop and then move the files over to my Surface to run the show.  However, I am having problems opening the Sequence Editor and Hardware programs, both with very similar errors.

Sequence Editor Error when trying to open: "Failed to load control '' from . Your version of  may be outdated. Make sure you are using the version of the control that was provided with your application"

Hardware Error when trying to open: "Failed to load control 'HwSerial' from . Your version of  may be outdated. Make sure you are using the version of the control that was provided with your application"

The weird thing is all the other applications in the LOR suite seem to run without issue.  Any help at this point would be helpful, I've googled, found nothing and I'm relatively computer savvy and still can't figure this out.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled, tried different versions of the software, all leading back to these errors.

post-14486-0-87484500-1409673886_thumb.j

Uninstall and then re-install.  If you get the same error, open a trouble ticket and we'll set you up with the Registry Wipe which should then take care of the issue.

Thanks Mike,

I've uninstalled and re-installed.  Continued to get the error, went and grabbed the LORRegistryWipe.exe file from here: http://www.lightorama.com/downloads/3.11.2/

Still getting that weird error.  Everything else works except the Hardware and Sequence Editor programs. 

Please open a trouble ticket so we can help you get this sorted out.  I want to make sure that your issue does not fall through the cracks.