Program not responding

Justin Mahood

Justin Mahood

I had the show set to come on to night at 5:30. 5:30 rolls around and no lights, so i check the computer only to find that the control panel has stopped responding. I am running 1.6.1 on XP with a 2.4 ghz processor with 1 gig of ram. I just cleared off the machine so there is very little software installed. I forced quit the control panel and re opened it to start the show tonight, but I am going out of town and want to make sure the lights come on tomorrow night.

LightORamaJohn

Justin Mahood wrote:

I had the show set to come on to night at 5:30. 5:30 rolls around and no lights, so i check the computer only to find that the control panel has stopped responding. I am running 1.6.1 on XP with a 2.4 ghz processor with 1 gig of ram. I just cleared off the machine so there is very little software installed. I forced quit the control panel and re opened it to start the show tonight, but I am going out of town and want to make sure the lights come on tomorrow night.

Is it possible that the controllers may be powered off and on during the time that they are not active? This can hang the RS485 adapter's USB driver. Versions 1.6.3 and later have new comm drivers that are more tolerant.