Light-O-Rama Forums

what am I missing! standard to rgb

portcity_gt

I have some sequences for 16ch. Standard lor, I want to conver some or all of them to dumb rgb on a cmb24 (or two). But I cant figure it out, if I copy/paste after adding device theyre all red unless I expand the channel and paste to multiple colors in that channel, but then I cant pick the color.

If I convert the standard channel to rgb it takes the two under it too.

Iv tried and tried and cant figure it out!

There has to be a simple copy/paste method to do this, the sequence is already there.

To insert a RGB channel right click on a channel name where you want to insert the RGB and use either insert RGB above or insert RGB below.

To get the colors you want it might be easiest to open up the three individual channels that make up one RGB channel and set the colors the way you want them.  The repeat command might be a good friend here.

Yea I figured that much out other than the repeat command, im not sure what that is.

It seems to me that doing that I have to paste into each primary color in that channel to make a color other than red, blue, green, white. But I cant seem to use the color palet to pick one and if I try to ill lose an effect thats there.

I dont know, im about to give up.

It almost seems easier to start from scratch than convert existing sequences.

What exactly are you trying to create?   You can't create a new hybrid color with a simple click and paste.    As an example the old comand turned on some red lights and now you want to paste and turn the lights pink.    Also...........the Video Tutorials at the top of this page are your friends........watch them and learn (the copy/ paste commands- repeat)

Steve

The short and simple answer to that is....I have a 16ch standard lor sequence that I want to turn into a 16ch rgb (dumb) sequence with all the same timings, effects and assigned channel colors as the original sequence.

you can use the copy and paste feature but you will be limited to only basic colors or simple color mixes. Red, Green, Blue basics. you will miss out on the color fades and the 1000s of colors available with RGB.  the right answer to your question is your gonna have to use the standard channels for timing and create all new RGB channels using the color fade tool for the best color effects .