Light-O-Rama Forums

SE CCR channel configuration help

mixnight

My CCR sequences are not working well, I found on the SE channel config that at the end of every CCR there are some extra channels on each CCR:

The names are:

LR

MM

MS

ME

CM

CS

CI

Then the next CCR starts and it ends with the same extra channels that I mentioned.

Are those extra channels affecting the next CCR? then the sequences is affected.

I tried to delete the extra channels but the channel named CI won't delete.

Please help

post-8814-0-38870000-1409348620_thumb.jp

Those are the 7 macro channels that every Cosmic Color Device has.  They are automatically created in SE whenever you create a Cosmic Color Device.

They will be channels 151 - 157 for each CCD.  They have no effect on the next CCD, and if you don't use them, they have no effect on the CCD that they are at the end of.

Edited by k6ccc

One note to what Jim offered.  Unless you're using macros, make SURE there aren't any random lighting events that get deposited in those channels inadvertently.  You might see unpredictable/undesirable results.

I forgot to mention that I'm using sandevices E682 with 2811 CCR and DMX setting. Those extra channels are taking the CCR/universe channels 151-157 then the next CCR is starting from 151-301 and extra channels from 307-314 then next CCR is starting from 315-464, extra ch from 365-471 and so on, what I see is that the extra ch are using CCR/universe channels messing up the sequences.

Please watch this video to see the mess

http://youtu.be/RsAR9Ow6e4w

Edited by mixnight

You didn't mention that you weren't using a CCD.

Don't create it as a CCD, but rather a DMX universe. Got to get off my train - more in a little bit...

I changed the universe channels for those extra channels from been on DMX to NO DEVICE then eliminated the assigned universe ch for those, then I readjusted the universe ch for each RGB, so I'm testing my CCR sequences and now are working better.

My conclusion is if those extra channels are taking universes ch can mess up the whole ch configuration and mess up the sequences.

OK, I'm home and had dinner so I can give a longer answer. This is something I am very familiar with since I have run 12 strings of 2811 pixels with a SanDevices E682 for the past 2 years. For the most part, I am sequencing using SuperStar and then export it to SE. I do some of the sequencing in SE however. Here is what I do.

To create the strings in SE, you want to insert device (either above or below any existing line). On the Add Device box, select DMX Universe for the Device. Name it whatever works for you. Under the DMX Universe Settings, select the desired universe and number of channels - I generally select 512. Then convert the universe to RGB channels by right selecting on the first channel and click the check box for "Also do this for the following channels", and enter 170 in the box for how many RGB channels. That will give you 170 RGB channels and 2 extra channels (that you will likely end up deleting). Obviously if you have fewer pixels on that universe, build a smaller number. You can then group the pixels as needed. for example, I have each 50 pixel string as a single group.

After the DMX universes are built, then I open the exported SuperStar sequence in SE so I have both the SSE export and a blank file with the built universes. Since SuperStar believes that the pixel strings are actually CCRs, the 7 channels for the macros are there. Then I copy each CCR from the SSE export to the file with the DMX universes - however I only copy the 150 channels and NOT the macros.

Does this make sense?

Jim I'm doing what you said, now the problem is between universes, I have a solid orange color for all CCR and it's orange on string 1-3, the first half of the 4th string is orange and second half is green where univ2 ch1 starts on the 4th string, string 5 and up is good but couples of ch has differents color.

Would you mind to send me your SE channel config to mixnight@hotmail.com so I can compare and see what's wrong with my SE ch config.

Thanks

• The topic was locked