Light-O-Rama Forums

Injecting power

sonoma

Hey all I have question for all the RGB users out there. This is my first year using RGB in my display and so far all is great; But I have noticed that a few of my nodes at the end of the string runs are a little bit off color and time. I did the math on the total current draw for the amount of led's on the string and it is well within the range of the controller. I wanted to know at what point would you need to inject power for the light strings.

also how do you go about injecting power between the strings? are there any tutorials showing the process of injecting power? 

any help is greatly appreciated thanks......

If you search the LOR, auschristmaslighting, diychristmas, and doityourselfchristmas forums you will find tons of info on this subject.  Of late it has been discussed over and over again, so there is a lot of good info to read. 

• Like 1

http://blog.holidaycoro.com/2013/05/a-demonstration-of-effects-of-power.html

This is a good vid on how power drain affects the pixels.

As a rule of thumb, turn the string or strip on to 100% intensity white. Where the white dims or turns a pinkish color, inject power there. Strings are easy. Strips on the other hand, inject power at both ends.

• The topic was locked