Light-O-Rama Forums

Carol of the Bells Dubstep Request

zing

Anyone willing to share the Arion version?  I've searched and searched and searched with little luck.  Was hoping to shave several hours of getting the timings down.  Thank you in advance.

I don't have a sequence of that tune, but I'd like to address the "several hours of getting the timings down" part. 

I've never sequenced a dubstep anything, so maybe there are issues I've not experienced before.  But it seems to me the Beat Wizard should do a pretty good job for you.  (Look at ANY of my videos)  And that only takes seconds, literally. 

I've tried the beat wizard, and really didn't like the results of it.  I'll try to mess around with it tonight again.  I'm currently between songs and thought this would be awesome to have.  I have other songs to work on, but really like to get new ones up and running.

There was an xlights tutorial last night about using audacity analysis and then importing into LOR.  There are a lot more options over there for analyzing a song and marking up the timing.

Zing,

I've learned to use the beat wizard to start, then I do a few tap wizards to the music or the words. If needed, I can add more Timings as needed for certain parts of the music. Yes, Xlights does have a tutorial about Using the timings from the Vamp Plugins for Audacity. Those Plugins are what add the extra features of Audacity to create the timings.Here is a link to the how to stuff that Sean provides. http://diylightanimation.com/index.php?topic=12225.0

I did do the export of the timings in note form... However, there is so much notation that the lights looked more like Dayglo Disco (ROFL :D ) So I chose to not work with that but rather build my own. This is year 2 with major channel changes, so everything gets redone by hand.

Kip

I messed around with the beat wizard again over the weekend, and just don't find it useful.  I got more aggravated with it than anything else.  It would find the beat, but maybe due to my music ignorance I didn't know what to do with it.  I was hopping it'd find a lot of the timings, but to no success/  So in the meantime i'll keep messing around with other sequences, and will maybe go in an get the timings down for subject song.

-Alan

Edited by zing

????

The Beat Wizard is doing it's job if it finds the beats.  I'm not sure what else you are asking of it.  If so instructed, it places a timing mark with each beat.  If so instructed, it can turn on and off channels.  If so instructed it will divide the beats in any multiple up to ten.

It sounds like you haven't taken a look at a tutorial.  I recommend that you do so.  They're created precisely to teach people about the software features.  Go to the very top of this page and click on "Video tutorials".  You'll be taken to an extremely comprehensive list of topics.  My advice is to avail yourself of them.  What you learn will save you waaaaaay more time than what you spend learning.

...taken offline as the video tutorials don't go in depth on how any of the wizards work.

Back on topic with finding this sequence.

Sorry for the bum steer.

I thought they had tutorials for everything.

No sweat.

I wish they had a tutorial on it, seeing how the timing video mentions that it would be in a different video.  I don' have the time to sit around and mess with a feature (possibly super useful) and not get any programming done.  As is, I can only must about 1 - 2 hours of programming a night.

I'll be happy to run it for your sequence and create whatever type of timing grids you want.  I'll need your sequence file and the audio file you're using.  None of the sequencing will be changed in any way and none of your current timing grids will be affected in any way.  It will take me about seven minutes and both files will be on their way back to you.  If interested, PM me and I'll send the address.

I'll be happy to run it for your sequence and create whatever type of timing grids you want.  I'll need your sequence file and the audio file you're using.  None of the sequencing will be changed in any way and none of your current timing grids will be affected in any way.  It will take me about seven minutes and both files will be on their way back to you.  If interested, PM me and I'll send the address.

PM'd