Light-O-Rama Forums

Importing Channel Config does not turn on save button Sequence Editor 2.0.0

Randy

In Sequence Editor 2.0.0, I want to go through all my announcement and music sequences and import a revised channel configuration. The new channel configuration just has 4 new channels at the very bottom that I've added, so it should be a pretty benign change to import this into all of my existing files and add the programming for these four channels into each sequence.

However, when I open up each of my sequences and import this new master channel configuration into them, the "Save" icon is greyed out and I can't save the sequence until I make a trivial change to the sequence and then undo it.

Has anyone else seen this behavior? It seems to me that the act of importing the new Channel Configuration file should be enough of a change to "un-grey" the Save icon and allow/require a save to be made....

Thanks, Randy

Randy wrote:

In Sequence Editor 2.0.0, I want to go through all my announcement and music sequences and import a revised channel configuration. The new channel configuration just has 4 new channels at the very bottom that I've added, so it should be a pretty benign change to import this into all of my existing files and add the programming for these four channels into each sequence.

However, when I open up each of my sequences and import this new master channel configuration into them, the "Save" icon is greyed out and I can't save the sequence until I make a trivial change to the sequence and then undo it.

Has anyone else seen this behavior? It seems to me that the act of importing the new Channel Configuration file should be enough of a change to "un-grey" the Save icon and allow/require a save to be made....

Thanks, Randy

Randy,

Thanks for that report. Importing a channel configuration should mark the file as requiring a save.

Dan

until theres a software fix for that, i had the same problem because of another issue (drag and drop screwing things up) and last night during a test i noticed it, so i went back to my backup and the save button didnt show up, so what i did was set the button on top to "off" (where you can click on events and turn them off with a mouse click) imported my channel info, clicked on a blank event space and then the save button showed up, hit save, closed it and reopened it to see if it worked and the channel info stayed...

so in other words, load in your desired channel config change the sequence (by clicking off on an empty event slot) and then youll be able to save

temporary fix but it works til theres a software solution