Light-O-Rama Forums

Newbie in Oregon looking for other LOR setups to come see.

KSlush

Hello to all in advance. I have wanted to do something like LOR for a few years now and have decided that this next year will be it!

I wanted to get to know some of my "local" LOR people and maybe find a few setups to come look at in the next few months. Im looking to do some dual Holiday "Hallomas" decorating, so im trying to setup some visits now. Im just outside of Portland and willing to travel. I have one setup in Corvalis that im going to try and see, as well as one in Seattle. Anyone closer that I could come see the behind the scenes?

-Ken

Kenneth.Slusher@yahoo.com

Ken,

Welcome to the addiction. We got folks in Oregon, one in Vancouver, WA, and a whole lot of us in the Seattle area. We also have a get together once a year in May. We meet in Olympia, WA and do a Friday afternoon/Eve and all day Saturday. It has kind of settled to be the first Sat in May. Your welcome to come out my way if you want.

When I get to my computer, I'll get you a list. I'm down in Newberg, I'm running 30,000 lights on 128 channels this year. Plus I build a lot of elements for folks and have a few commercial products on their way to market. Be happy to help, my in laws are in Damascus so I can use that as an excuse to head out to help if need be.

Edited by rainyoregonchristmas

I'll PM you the addresses of displays later on as Christmas nears, but here is a rough overview of ones I know of: 

Vancouver Washington, two different displays

Kelso, Washington: One

Gresham: Two

Forest Grove: One

McMinnville: One

Newberg: One (That's Me)

Canby: Two

Albany: One

Sweet Home: One

Siletz (on the coast): One

Hillsboro: One (Mainly Halloween)

I know I'm missing some.  A partial list is available on www.nwclap.org

To add to the list:

Adair Village: one

Corvallis: two

Lebanon: one

Philomath: one

All of these are in the mid-valley near Albany.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow guys, thanks for the responses.....I hope to see all of your setups at some point. Anyone Going with a full RGB setup using either dumb or smart strips? seems like its more the direction that the industry is going..

-Ken

Hey Ken,

I'm probably not too far from you in East Gresham. This will be my first year and you are welcome to come see (or help me) anytime. I'm just finishing up my Halloween sequences and will need to start on my Christmas show.

There are 2 really good displays in Gresham that I could point you to and both guys that run them are very nice.

Feel free to contact me anytime.

Eric

I'm the one in Hillsboro raineyoregon (Matt) speaks of.

Halloween was why I started my display but this year I have focused more on Christmas to try to balance it out.

I have singing faces for Halloween and newly added for Christmas this year.

I have also added some pixels for both holidays as well as various other surprises.

My display is pure RGB, with a few non RGB elements from past holiday seasons, meaning decorations I used to use before LOR.

This is my second year. Feel free to come out. I plan to start setup first weekend of October, testing a week or so and then start the show around the middle of the month for Halloween. Christmas similar but in December.

Sax

We are running 352 Channels LOR, 3 DC Controllers, 1 Servo Dog, 2 DMX Universes with RGB Intelligent & Dumb Pixels. Everything is LED.

We have an animated snowman that talks and moves running on Pneumatics and servos. We start setting up on the first weekend in November and start running the show Thanksgiving night.

If you have any questions or would like to stop by during setup, let me know.

Paul

Lebanon, OR

I am over on the coast in Florence, 25,000 + lights, 72 Channels---24 RGB for 8 floods ( new this year ) and 3 16 channel controllers, I am right on the corner of the Hwy 126 and Hwy 101 intersection...you can't miss me. If you need any help with sequencing or lights ( definitely invest in LED ) let me know, either message me here or at www.FlorenceScapes.com

Welcome to the madness

I'll say my display is more traditional, (LOR speaking)  No solid RGB display items yet to speak of, shocking as that may be. I seem to sell or give them all away as I am building them for myself.  But with the advent of my Pixel Clip going on sale today, I may have more funds available to dump into RGB for myself for next year. 

-RainyOregonchriStmaS

• The topic was locked