Light-O-Rama Forums

Crazy Question

compucard

We have a electric start gas stove and when you turn the knob to light the stove there is one channel of our LOR that clicks with the stove and lights the lights on our porch. Could this be from the wireless system triggering the LOR channel causing our lights to light with the clicking? Has anyone had this problem. Just wanted to know and if so if they have a fix.

I've never had that problem but I do have a digital cooking thermometer that will reset when we light our gas range. I'm guessing it has something to do with the ignition device.

Guest wbottomley

compucard wrote:

We have a electric start gas stove and when you turn the knob to light the stove there is one channel of our LOR that clicks with the stove and lights the lights on our porch. Could this be from the wireless system triggering the LOR channel causing our lights to light with the clicking? Has anyone had this problem. Just wanted to know and if so if they have a fix.

That's one new feature in LOR II (pun intended).:P

Never have seen that one.

I have found that any device in a home that can generate RF frequency
has the potential to trigger strange controller events. CFL bulbs, switching
power supplies, etc.. The Stove igniter probably is generating some high frequency
pulses on the electrical line and the controller is sensitive enough to pick them up.

I had a defective wal-wart power supply messing up my fades and events...

It really makes this hobby interesting !

Tim

Tim is correct, LOR boards are very sensitive to "Loud Stray Frequencys". Funny story...

I had 50 c9s the last two years on the ceiling of my room for Christmas, after the season, I would play around with then on my LOR boards. EVERY time I turned off my ceiling fan or my florescent closet light on or off, it seemed to make the boards "twinkle". With that problem, and with the fact that I used to play with fire, and the c9s had a warm glow to them. So I leave my room, and shut off the lights. Behind me this red glow flickers on and I kept on thinking my room was on fire or something...

--Daniel L