Light-O-Rama Forums

Piano Keyboard

GDesch

Is it possible to connect a piano keyboard that I can hit keys on during sequencing. I want to simply be able to dedicate one key for one channel, and have it as on for as long as the key is pressed, then off when it is not pressed. Then I could get a song sequenced in as little as five times running through a song (so I dont get "Let it Go" stuck in my head again).

I just think that this would be faster instead of having to use the space bar and go back and assign lights, this way I can just edit in effects. Has anyone done this in the past? if so, how?

Thanks,

GDesch

Well there's the MIDI wizard, perhaps you can do something with that (sorry i don't have any more info). It is an interesting idea though. If you could also vary the intensity of the light with the intensity of the note that would be cool too. 

As of now I think you would have to use MIDI program like Cakewalk Sonar to create the midi file using the audio on one track to sync it to the midi tracks. then import the midi file into the Sequence editor using the midi wizard. then create the tracks you want using the midi notes as the trigger. after that you would need to import the audio file the the sequence and that should work. I have only tried this once and it did work but it took way to much time. I use the tap wizzard to do this kinda stuff now. I would love to see a better input tool that would allow you to use Midi in real time and would use all aspects of the midi data from velocity to duration and many other midi features.I wish the Editor was able to incorporate third party Midi sequencers for real time keyboard use. That would be an awesome tool. Until then I'll be tappin away.