Light-O-Rama Forums

Led Strobe help

godman

I purchased a couple strobe light strings from Ray (below) to see how they worked.

I’m Using the Joshua1 ECG-P12S controller and I can get them to respond to the sequence, I can't figure out how to make the lights strobe? If I just turn them on they just stay on white? I played around in the strobe section on the controller config page but I don't understand it. I don't see any documentation for the strobes for the controller?

Thanks in Advance!

Greg

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/12mm-0-75W-WS2811-WHITE-strobe-pixel-string-DC5V-input-50pcs-a-string-IP68-rated/701799_1141331702.html

It will be interesting to see if anyone pipes up - only four orders of the product to date.

If I'm understanding your post correctly, and all the pixels in the string light up at once, I don't see how it could ever make an effective strobe. 

FWIW - I've found with LOR pixels (also CCRs, but not CCBs) a reasonable facsimile of a strobe effect can be achieved while the 'real' strobes in the rest of the yard are all firing at the same time.  While they don't have the *POP* of real strobes, the pixels are bright enough to pull off a strobe-like effect.  With those pixels firing standalone it doesn't look anywhere as genuine.

The description says the nodes use the WS2811 chip, which is designed to drive RGB. There are also some 3-pin devices that can be seen in the picture. The picture also shows the lights on, which tells me there is likely no "strobe circuitry" inside.

What happens when you treat them as RGB nodes and make them red, green, blue, yellow, magenta, and white? Does the white led follow one of the RGB channels, or does it respond to multiple channels?

I have read on the ACL forum that the green channel may control the strobe, the original poster has not responded back that he was successful with that tidbit.

It will be a few weeks before mine arrive to struggle with the same issue.

Alan