Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB Light Strip Corners?

derekb

I am going to start cutting several dumb light strips this week to go around the windows on my house. I thought somewhere on here I saw someone post a link to some corner adapters to solder each end of the strip to, but cannot find it anymore. If anyone has a link to a product that might work, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

I would recommend against the (snap on connectors). Every one I have tried have been a failure.  Solder, shrink tubing, silicone and wire is the only way to go.  Also this way they are not as likely to fail during off season storage.

Thanks. I am planning on soldering. I could be wrong, but I swear I saw somewhere these little "L" shaped connectors that made neat little corners that you solder onto the strips. If I cannot find them, I will use wire.

Those neat little L connectors might look nice but don't bother with them. Do what Jerrymac suggests if you have to make cuts and splices. I tried them and they didn't work for me. I just ending up bending the strip around the corners and they look just as good. no cutting and they haven't failed yet. we'll see how long they last. The least amount of cutting and splicing the better. My 2 cents

Kenny

I've gotten away with some pretty severe bends of RGB ribbons by bending them where the pixels connect to each other. But make SURE you avoid the solder joints between pixels.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I have a lot try out this week. Those who bend them, can you explain how you did that to make corners or post a photo? I tried bending them around a corner and it just does not look good.  I am permanently mounting these to frames and then I can easily put up/take down the lights each year.  

When you bend them around the corners they won't look good in the light. but they will look good when it's dark and the show is playing. it's the pixels you need to line up. the strip will be a little off so don't fret it. 

post-7264-0-60956300-1407793906_thumb.jp

• The topic was locked