Light-O-Rama Forums

cjcruz

Hello big srceen lovers,

I think the only way to get more desktop is not only the size of the display, but also the number of pixels in the display, Quad HD would be nice, I presume.

My mac 27 has  2560 x 1440 resolution, which I use for sequencing.

I could connect a second display to this mac with the same  resolution or more , but decided for a windows 7  I5 set with an ( free ) 46" on the wall for the visualizer. This monitor has only 1920 x 1080 resolution, so the mac remains my favorite for sequencing.

Also because the windows 7 on the mac in running under VmWare fusion, The windows computer while running the visualizer takes off the load of the mac.

Dick

The Netherlands

I currently use a Dual Screen setup.. 24" and 22" wide screen monitors... I love it.. I would use a 3rd monitor but I do not have the proper card yet.

Make sure the motherboard supports and has the slot for the card you want to get.

Make sure the power supply has enough power too. I was looking to upgrade to a refurbed HP. The one I was looking at had the slot, but I would have to switch out the power supply to upgrade the video card.

Make sure the power supply has enough power too. I was looking to upgrade to a refurbed HP. The one I was looking at had the slot, but I would have to switch out the power supply to upgrade the video card.

Good point. I did upgrade my power supply when building my computer.

I currently use a Dual Screen setup.. 24" and 22" wide screen monitors... I love it.. I would use a 3rd monitor but I do not have the proper card yet.

I installed a ZOLTAC Geforce GT 610 as my 2nd card. I got it on sale and it works great. On my next build will probably use something more like what John Fulkerson uses on his machine.

My suggestion with dual screen is have same size screen or one size difference.  Moving from screen to screen is easier to follow the arrow on similar sized screens.  Using a 24" and a 19" doesn't work well.  Not only are the screens different sizes, but they are setup with different resolutions too.

My suggestion with dual screen is have same size screen or one size difference.  Moving from screen to screen is easier to follow the arrow on similar sized screens.  Using a 24" and a 19" doesn't work well.  Not only are the screens different sizes, but they are setup with different resolutions too.

I agree 100%.  In fact, I actually go one further and tell people to buy the identical monitor - mfg and model.  You would be amazed at the color differences between 2 monitors - even monitors from the same company but different models.

This is REALLY true when one has LED backlight, and the other is CCF.  Typically LEDs have a hotter color temp, so you'll have a 'bluish' monitor on one side and a 'yellowish' one on the other.

Most decent video cards will allow you to adjust colors/luminosity/etc on each monitor, however unless you are a TV tech (or color timer, or whatever they are now in Hollywood) you'll never get them close.

• The topic was locked