Light-O-Rama Forums

Dancing Arches

Bustluvr

Hi im a 2 year newbie & I wont to add dancing arches to my display. & have CCP for lighting. what software do I use ? I have full versuion of LOR

Thank You

You can use the LOR sequencer to program your arches. Just determine how many channels you want on the arches (7-8-9 etc) and set them up on separate channels in the sequencer

If you're using CCPs for the arches and using both strings, it will be 300 channels or 2 CCDs. Arches are simple to sequence, since it's just basically a chase. When you start getting into more complex sequencing or maybe add a pixel tree, then I suggest a Superstar upgrade.

This is just my opinion, but I'm kind of biased to Superstar.

Edited by Ron Boyd

May I say,  most folks call them leaping arches, and  go for an odd number of channels, looks much better.

Bet I just opened a can of worms about odd or even.

May I say,  most folks call them leaping arches, and  go for an odd number of channels, looks much better.

Bet I just opened a can of worms about odd or even.

Boils down to personal preferrence, really. Some people prefer even, while others odd.

Don't think there is a wrong answer for this one. But I've been wrong before.

OK, I might have mis-understood what you were trying to do. I was under the impression, you were going to use the CCPs for the arches. Maybe because I used them last year for mine.

I did an even number of 8 channels on my arches but only because I used one 16 channel controller to run each pair...I now have 4 arches therefore two controllers. I do however think that 7 segments might have been better therefore a segment at the top rather than a split but when they are running, its hard to tell anyway. Only us here in the forums, might notice it whereas the people driving by wouldn't have a clue. Yes, the overall impression might change.

• 4 weeks later...

I did an even number of 8 channels on my arches but only because I used one 16 channel controller to run each pair...I now have 4 arches therefore two controllers. I do however think that 7 segments might have been better therefore a segment at the top rather than a split but when they are running, its hard to tell anyway. Only us here in the forums, might notice it whereas the people driving by wouldn't have a clue. Yes, the overall impression might change.

I think it also depends on what kind of effects you want to do. If you want to do a "clap" then an odd number of channels helps because you can stop/start right in the middle.

• 2 months later...

I have an 8ft Mega Arch you walk under to get to my front door.....

I use all 16 circuits of 1 controller on it. You can do more than just chasing or all on.

With 8 on each side, the CLAP looks real cool.

(TonyD, I haven't called that function the clap before, but I like it.. :lol: :lol:).

5, 6, 7, 8, 16 - whatever - it all is great and creates many smiles!!

Thanks Daniel,

Do you have pics of your 8' arch?

I would like to see it. I like the idea of a walkthrough arch.

Sure Daniel,

I'm using 15 RGB 10W floods controlled by 3ea 16 channel LOR 12vdc controllers.

DSC05027_zps51be16dd.jpg

That's awesome!  Very original!

Here's a picture of our big arch...

DSCF0144.JPG

700 red, 700 gold, 700 clear and a few strobes.  The clear strands are each on individual channels so we can make it dance.

Edited by JeffF
  • Like 1

Jeff,
Very cool as well. You two make me feel like I should change my name to:
WANNA BE A MEGA ARCH..

....Do you have pics of your 8' arch?
I would like to see it. I like the idea of a walkthrough arch.

Here's a pic from last year:

HOUSEFRONTARCH_zpsbd9ee146.png

• Like 1