Light-O-Rama Forums

Does LOR Show Editor has an Input option ?

pyrodigy

Hi to all

Does LOR Software has an remote input setup option to controled by external DMX or Midi controller ?

I mean i would like to start, stop or pause LOR shows via external DMX controller. Such as DMX Console sends DMX command to the LOR editor and start it. If it has this kind of option could you please let me know how can i do this ?

Best Regards

Admin Note: Could you please move this topic to under the E1.31 - LOR S3 or appropriate section.

Edited by pyrodigy

I know it has options to use triggers but as far as I know, these are nothing more than contact closures across a set of pins. Now saying this doesn't mean you can't create electronics to close a relay contact, when you choose, which in turn, triggers one of the controllers to do whatever you need it too. I've not seen anything in LOR that will allow a MIDI device directly, but I'm sure you can get creative and design something.

As dgrant said, starting is easy via a contact closure.  I do that to start my landscape lighting every evening.  Stop would be more difficult, but with some creativity,a stop could be done by having a interactive that does nothing, but stops an existing sequence from running.  I don't have my manual handy and I can't remember which type of interactive that it, but I know that there is one.  One of these days I will do that to stop my overnight lighting when the sun comes up instead of a time of day like I currently do that I have to adjust every few weeks. I can't think of any way to pause (and then restart it at the same point that it was paused) a show.

Hi k6ccc and dgrant

Thank you for your quickly responses. If i am not wrong you suggest external trigger such minidirector and G3-MP3 Director controllers have NO/NC trigger input option to start their interior shows. 

As you do it is not solution that i am looking for i am actualy looking for DMX input option directly control to the LOR S3 Software suite.

For example; I am currently use Commercial Laser software which has an DMX input option.Thanks to this option i can able to control basic functions of this software with an external DMX Console via ENNTEC or ARTNET devices. So i can able to control all laser, light, stage effect systems...ext form single DMX controller. 

2ez4wb4.jpg

Best Regards

Edited by pyrodigy

• 4 weeks later...

It sounds like u may know how to do something I am trying to figure out.

I want to use software to control my Lord controllers while dj'ing. This doesn't sound like your exact question - but it sounds close. Any ideas?

LOR controllers can run in DMX mode (modern ones at least) so with the correct adapter (standard DMX DIN to RJ45) you should be able to control each channel directly.