Light-O-Rama Forums

Fade conversion from LOR to LORII

hobbes

When I converted some of my sequences from LOR to LORII I noticed that some of the fades that spanned multiple cells did not appear to convert properly. The fade I am talking about spanned 19 cells and faded from 100% to 0% but the conversion made it 19 seperate fades each progressing down from 100% to 0% a little at a time. I made a screen shot of the sequencer to better illustrate what I am talking about and attached the picture to this post. And also copied the code from the XML sequence file. I am not sure if this is a bug or maybe just the way I created the fade. If I remove the fade and then place a new one in the exact same cells it creates one fade the way I would assume it should work. The reason I am asking this is because I don't know if by having 19 individual small fades instead of one large one is going to cause many more commands to be sent to the controllers.

tom.

Attached files 143412=8499-fade_conversion.jpg

As long as everything is working, I wouldn't worry about it. It's hard to say how the fades were stored in the LOR I format, since it isn't very human-readable...

-Tim

I have noticed an issue with fades also. I have a sequence that I want to slow fade to 1/2 intensity, then pop to full. I do this by fading for 10 seconds, then go about halfway (about 5 seconds) with the "On" button and click over the slow fade with full on. (Hope this is making sense) Anyway, when I click change the slow fade to a full on, it changes other sections of the fade. Not drastically, but quite a few cells.

Is it just me?
Also when I click the volume button on the keyboard, the sequence editor jumps back to the beginning of the sequence.

These are not show stoppers, and I am still very happy with the update, but little quarks that I have found.

Scott

Shubb wrote:

I have noticed an issue with fades also. I have a sequence that I want to slow fade to 1/2 intensity, then pop to full. I do this by fading for 10 seconds, then go about halfway (about 5 seconds) with the "On" button and click over the slow fade with full on. (Hope this is making sense) Anyway, when I click change the slow fade to a full on, it changes other sections of the fade. Not drastically, but quite a few cells.

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean by "changes other sections of the fade". What does it change about them? What sections are they?

Thanks.

bob wrote:

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean by "changes other sections of the fade". What does it change about them? What sections are they?

Thanks.

Hmmm, let me see if I can confuse you more. (LOL)
I have a long fade for 20 cells. The halfway point is at 10 cells, 50% intensity. I want it to stay at 50% for the rest of the 10 cells. I then use the "Intensity Tool" set at 50% and I click on the 11th cell. After I make a change to the 11th cell, it will make a slight change to cell 5 through 15. Let's say (Just for arguments sake) cell 7,8,9 is at 35%, 40% and 45%. It will change 7 to 33%, 8 to 37% and 9 to 39%. It will also change 12,13,14 and so on... Almost like it is trying to average out the fade across the "unchanged" cells.
I just found it strange since it didn't do that in LOR I.

Am I making any more sense?

Scott