Light-O-Rama Forums

Newbie looking for a short cut

Guest guest

Hello Guys & Girls

This is my first post and first year sinking lights to music. I will be ordering 96 channels in April from LOR. I just finished my first song (Wizards in Winter) and want to somehow copy the time scale wording to my second song (Dance of the sugar plum fairies). So is there a short cut so I do not have to type in all the different channels again for the second song and the other songs I want to use?

Thanks Kevin

PS I have really been enjoying and learning a lot from all of you.

ka3tno wrote:

Hello Guys & Girls

This is my first post and first year sinking lights to music. I will be ordering 96 channels in April from LOR. I just finished my first song (Wizards in Winter) and want to somehow copy the time scale wording to my second song (Dance of the sugar plum fairies). So is there a short cut so I do not have to type in all the different channels again for the second song and the other songs I want to use?

Thanks Kevin

PS I have really been enjoying and learning a lot from all of you.

Kevin, I believe it's ..Edit....Import Channel Configuration. That should do it.

Ken Gelinas

KLG 28

Actually, you'll want to "export channels" from the current sequence you have, open a new file and THEN "import channels". It will ask if you want to import animation too and click yes for that as well or you will have to draw it out all over again (unless you want a different drawing for a different display/season.

Tom

Santas Helper wrote:

Actually, you'll want to "export channels" from the current sequence you have, open a new file and THEN "import channels". It will ask if you want to import animation too and click yes for that as well or you will have to draw it out all over again (unless you want a different drawing for a different display/season.

Tom

My mistake...I stand corrected.. Tom is correct. But, if you create a New sequence from scratch, by clicking, file...New...then new annimation sequences, set your paramaters when the options box pops up, click ok, then your new secuence will be there, now you click edit, Import Channel configuration, then pick your other sequence, and it will select the same channels that you had in your other one. It will also ask you if you want the annimation with it...click ok ( yes).

So, there are really 2 ways to do this. It's up to you.

Hope this helps.

Ken Gelinas

KLG 28

Santas Helper wrote:

Hey Ken,

I didn't realize the other way you mentioned. I'll have to try that one and see how it works. Which way do you prefer?

Thanks, Tom

Hi Tom, I prefer my way if I'm creating a NEW sequence, yet wanting to keep my channels and annimation the same. Your way is also good, but I use your way, say, if someone sends me their sequence, then I just adapt their sequence to my channels and annimation by doing it your way. Whew!!... I hope I'm making sense here ?? :P:). Hope this helps.

Ken Gelinas

KLG 28

KLG 28 wrote:

Hi Tom, I prefer my way if I'm creating a NEW sequence, yet wanting to keep my channels and annimation the same. Your way is also good, but I use your way, say, if someone sends me their sequence, then I just adapt their sequence to my channels and annimation by doing it your way. Whew!!... I hope I'm making sense here ?? :P:). Hope this helps.

Ken Gelinas

KLG 28

Yep, I think that made sense. I'll have to keep that in mind.

Thanks Ken, Tom

I can think of another way.... Open the sequence you have already finished. The choose File_Save As and give it a new name. Close your completed file and then edit the new one. Not as clean a way to do it as the export/import way because you have to change the music, timing, events etc.. I couldn't figure out how to do it any other way at first, so I tried this way. Worked OK, but I sure was glad when I figured out how to export/import.

Jeff