Light-O-Rama Forums

Sale - Cosmic Color Floods

jonnyci

"Almost everything will be on sale and this is our last big sale of the year! Visit our Online Store.

Here are some examples of sale prices. This is not a complete list! Even if an item is not listed here, it will most likely be on sale."

Copied straight from the flier

Does anyone know if the Cosmic Color Floods are included in the Summer sale? I don't see that they are

I haven't seen them for sale in a while

Regular price or on sale.

They had a new 30 watt RGB flood with a built in controller at the Expo. Dan said it would be available very soon.

Any idea how they compare to the cosmic color floods?  Did they give any ETA other than very soon?  I am extremely interested in these for this year if they come out soon.  I almost pulled the trigger on 4 sets of CCF's, but man the cost is hard to swallow.

I was under the impression that they would be in the summer sale but they aren't.

Are the CCFs available now? I didn't see them listed anywhere in the sale. The regular link for CCFs says "Currently out of stock. Will not be available late 2013" and it has said that for quite some time.

I think the new 30 watt floods will be sold in a set of 2 for around $200.00

Ahh, I didn't notice they were out of stock on the CCF's.  Maybe these new floods are their replacements?  Wish I had an option soon...programming started a month ago....

The replacement flood is 50w and is being manufactured now. There are two versions, RGB & UV. The flood head contains the controller and there is a separate power supply; both outdoor rated. To the software they look and are driven exactly like a single head CCF. I will get data sheets and a user manual up this week.

Sorry about getting the wattage wrong. I was just going from memory. I do know it was definitely bright!

The replacement flood is 50w and is being manufactured now. There are two versions, RGB & UV. The flood head contains the controller and there is a separate power supply; both outdoor rated. To the software they look and are driven exactly like a single head CCF. I will get data sheets and a user manual up this week.

I'm presuming here that UV will be what most know as a "Black Light" version.  Is that correct John?

If so, may have to look into those for my Halloween Graveyard setting as well as for inside to illuminate some nice Glow in the Dark static and animated props that I can't use outdoors, since I don't have any "covered" areas to use them in that capacity.

BTW: Is there a reason that the UV and RGB can't be combined in a single head?  Would be awesome to be able to use either from a single head.

I'm presuming here that UV will be what most know as a "Black Light" version.  Is that correct John?

If so, may have to look into those for my Halloween Graveyard setting as well as for inside to illuminate some nice Glow in the Dark static and animated props that I can't use outdoors, since I don't have any "covered" areas to use them in that capacity.

BTW: Is there a reason that the UV and RGB can't be combined in a single head?  Would be awesome to be able to use either from a single head.

Yes, these are black light floods. The flood head only accepts one 50w LED chip. The back of the head is a pretty large heat sink that isn't designed to dissipate 100w. The head would have to be almost twice as big to contain both RGB & UV LED chips.

For comparison purposes, the individual flood heads on the older CCF were about 18w. 

Other than the UF50D being designed for outdoors, the big advantage of it is that LEDs are instant on/off so strobe effects are possible.

The datasheets and user manual are ready, so I'll ask to have them put up on the doc page.

Yes, these are black light floods. The flood head only accepts one 50w LED chip. The back of the head is a pretty large heat sink that isn't designed to dissipate 100w. The head would have to be almost twice as big to contain both RGB & UV LED chips.

For comparison purposes, the individual flood heads on the older CCF were about 18w. 

Other than the UF50D being designed for outdoors, the big advantage of it is that LEDs are instant on/off so strobe effects are possible.

The datasheets and user manual are ready, so I'll ask to have them put up on the doc page.

Thanks John, that makes sense.   Thought they may have been small enough that both could have fit in the same housing, better to ask than not.

May just have to invest in the UV ones when I can and they become available.   Help cut down the cost of using standard fluorescent black light tubes, that's for sure.  Especially since the ones I have aren't really for outside use.   When I use them outdoors they're in a custom box to keep them from the elements as much as possible.

• 3 weeks later...
  • The topic was locked