Light-O-Rama Forums

Bug?: Tapper Wizard not working properly with Tracks

Tim Fischer

I finally played with LOR 2 and tracks tonight. I'm really impressed overall.

But I did find a bug, I think. I created a bunch of tracks. One was .05 second grid marks. One was a VU meter which I was playing with. One was generated by the beat wizard. And one was supposed to be where I tapped to the vocals.

I cannot get the tapper wizard to put the taps in the correct track. Even if I select "Track 4: Tapper Wizard" from the drop down, it tries to place the events in Track 1. Since that happens to be my .05 second grid track, I didn't realize what was going on until I turned off "snap to nearest event" and some additional events were added.

I can send a sequence file if necessary, just let me know where.

-Tim

I've isolated the bug. It's not just my bug file:

Steps from scratch:

1) New Musical Sequence (use any audio file), No Timings
2) Duplicate Track, call it foobar
3) Duplicate Track again, call it Griswold
4) Tapper Wizard: "Using this track: Track 2: foobar"
5) Start, and tap to your hearts content (a few seconds worth is fine)
6) Finished, add to sequence.

See that the taps appear in track 1, not in Track 2.

Same thing happens if you try to tap into track 3.

-Tim

Here is a workaround that I hope will mitigate the problem until we release a fix for it:

Don't try changing the track via the dropdown list on the Tapper Wizard. Instead, before you open the Tapper Wizard, make sure that the track you want to use is the active track. You can do this by using the "Select" tool and clicking on some part of that track's grid.

Then open the Tapper Wizard; the track dropdown list will automatically be set to the track you selected, and your taps should go into that track.

Thanks for pointing this out, and sorry for the problem.

Cool. I knew I could get it to work "sometimes" but hadn't quite figured out the trick yet.

-Tim