Light-O-Rama Forums

Looking for some snowflake advice...

PyroN8

I am looking for a good lighted snowflake that can easily be identified from 50-100 feet away.

I had purchased a larger chunk of pathway snowflake lights that are approx. 8"-10" that looked decent at 10-20' away, but once I got to the crowds viewing distance they appeared as nothing more than a ball of light.

My effect was going to be 4 - 20' x 100' grids of snowflake lights that when alternated would create the effect of a wall of snowfall.

Logically, I will either need larger snowflakes or bring the effect closer to the audience. Unfortunately, due to economic reasons I do not think I'll be able to have the snowflake much larger than 12" as the larger ones I’ve seen cost into $40-50 per snowflake. With 200+ that’s not an option.

I'm hoping that someone knows of a magic pathway snowflake that looks like a real snowflake.

Darn rookies!!

PyroN8----- Dont know if this will help but Target has 18" LED snowflakes for 20.00 and Homedepot has 24" reg.lite for 20.00$ Watch for the sales this weekend maybe they will even be cheaper. Forgot 1 target also has 12"Led for 9.99. I have 18 snowflakes on my roof of all different sizes from 12" to 36" Good luck paul Sunrise Fl.

You might want to try Target, they have the 18" rope light snowflakes, this year they also have LED snowflakes this year, but I am not impressed with the new LED one's. Also, under the Vendor section on PlanetChristmas, they are a few vendors who offer the snowflakes. Good Luck.

Thanks for the 411 everyone.

I did check out the lights at Target, but I think I am going to go with Daryl's recommendation. The snowflakes in motion seems to be the best bang for my buck... however due to the timing I won't be able to use the effect this year. That's okay though because next year I'll have a bigger budget, and the effect will look better with added height. So I'll have to stock up for next year!

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night! :P

• 3 years later...
  • The topic was locked