Light-O-Rama Forums

My Son Michael

PMC

So sad and sorry to hear you lost your son PMC.

It's never easy losing any family member, lost my mother on July 5, 2007, she also had Leukemia, a brain tumor and heart issues, so I can somewhat relate.{She had just celebrated her birthday July 1st, 2007 in the hospital, then passed away 4 days later}.  We lost my wifes father to cancer in October 2007.

Just know that even though he's gone from Mother Earth, he can still see the wonderful displays you create for him from above, and still take joy in knowing you're keeping the display alive in his memory.

Bless you and your family..

Edited by Orville

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the prayers, I haven't been on LOR's forum for a while, I'm still not 100% certain if I am doing a Christmas Show (I know I should) also I have neighborhood kids already asking about Halloween, and if I am doing that....

If you don't feel like doing it - don't.  You're the only one who knows what's in your heart.  Be true to yourself.

If you don't feel like doing it - don't.  You're the only one who knows what's in your heart.  Be true to yourself.

Yes your right George, the only thing I'd be worried about is you don't do it, and then when the time is passed and it too late, regret the decision.

I'm hoping that you and your family are finding a way to get through this very trying and difficult time

Having lost many family members... Mom and Dad had cancer.

They will always be with you. I have all of my dad's tools. There is one set of diags which I often use. Every time I grab them I say, "Thanks Dad."

Without him, I would not know how to use all of his tools and all of mine.

Now onto the light show conundrum:

I think it would be sporting of you to do a caricatured of Michael's face in lights.

And going a step further, make it sing.

I promise you that you will smile watching it. Maybe cry once in a while. But it will be a joyful feeling over all. ;)

Thanks everybody, Mike I was thinking the same thing over a month ago and what I did was my son has a project where he gives children with cancer a way to give it back to their sickness, giving them stress toys that look like 3 types of childhood cancer and I have Doug from Wire Frame D'Lites making me his Michael's Meanies and I was (if not going to do a light show) just put them on a dimmer from dusk to dawn, and if I do a light show, animate them, as of last week Michael's Meanies are in 141 hospitals around the world, we will keep Michael's dream alive

• The topic was locked