Light-O-Rama Forums

Learning about Tracks

lotsoflights

Hi Guys!

This is my second year using LOR products.  I am confused and do not know anything about tracks.  What is the purpose?  How do I know how to use them?

I am breaking the song down-would I break it down in the second track, and then sequence my lights in Track 1.  I want only Track 1 to control the lights.

Does any of this make sense?

Thanks

Tracks, in the simplest of terms, are simply different views of the same channels. When a channel is copied to a second or third track, whatever you do in the first track will affect those same channels in the other tracks.

The number of tracks will have no bearing on the controlling of the lights. You could have 1 track or 10, the lights are controlled the same way.

I've written up some information on tracks here

Thanks for the information!  It seems to help a little... I am trying to break the song down into its musical elements like in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mf9O-KiysA0&list=UU0dnf9FV18XPhcV-BQNXckw After O break it down I want to sequence my lights like it is shown in the video.

I sat in on John's class at The Academy and would imagine the video is very well done.

Just remember, the number of tracks will have no bearing on how the lights are controller.  Okay, so if you were to create two channels with the same Unit/Circuit versus copying from one track to the other, you would have a problem. Just remember, always copy channels to other tracks.