• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• plasmadrive

• TonyD

• bdeditch

• lightingnewb

I might be able to drive up from San Jose.

Check with TonyD because he takes the train; pretty simple and scenic trip.

He can probably show you the Secret Handshake.

Oh man babes birthday party

We can write you a note that will excuse you from the party.

If only I knew what I was doing Sept. 13 at 6 pm.... ah shoot... I have a meeting that night. I might be able to send an elf (my cohort in this madness) if you would allow that. I'm/we are in the Sacto area. Would be nice to know what this meeting entails.

lightingnewb and crew.

If only I knew what I was doing Sept. 13 at 6 pm.... ah shoot... I have a meeting that night. I might be able to send an elf (my cohort in this madness) if you would allow that. I'm/we are in the Sacto area. Would be nice to know what this meeting entails.

lightingnewb and crew.

These meetings are informal.  We discuss topics that people bring up.. Some of us bring toys we have been working on.. we see if we can answer each others questions and be of some help.  Some bring laptops with software and some bring hardware they have for sale.  Newbies have learned a lot by just discussions with those that have been working at this awhile.   Old timers are learning new stuff from those that have spent the time with newer technologies.    Oh yeah.. and we BS a lot....

We have been meeting at the Round Table in Old Sac so it has been BYOP (Buy Your Own Pizza)  Other than that the meetings are free.

These meetings are informal.  We discuss topics that people bring up.. Some of us bring toys we have been working on.. we see if we can answer each others questions and be of some help.  Some bring laptops with software and some bring hardware they have for sale.  Newbies have learned a lot by just discussions with those that have been working at this awhile.   Old timers are learning new stuff from those that have spent the time with newer technologies.    Oh yeah.. and we BS a lot....

We have been meeting at the Round Table in Old Sac so it has been BYOP (Buy Your Own Pizza)  Other than that the meetings are free.

Thanks for more info about it. Will talk with my crew and fig out if we can make it and what not. had no clue that this clan existed. So glad it does! LOL... will post again when we decide.

So most likely my crew and I will be able to attend - my meeting got moved up a day! :D Hopefully as the date comes closer more logistics will come up as needed.

LN and crew.

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

I was looking at holding this at another location just for kicks but the location we have been using is very convenient for those coming in on the train.   So the location is the Round Table Pizza in Old Sacramento. 

Sat Sept 13th 6pm. 

I will bring a new mini pixel tree or that I have been building and if the stuff comes in, the 10watt RGB floods that I am modifying.  I will bring a demonstration of DC-DC converters and a suggestion on how to connect them.  Basically how I did it on the Plasma Icicles. 

Anybody else feel free to bring toys to show, sell or talk about.  What have you that is new.

Remember, it is buy your own pizza and drink.

Greg,  How many 24vdc power supplies do you want?  I will bring those as well. 

Edited by plasmadrive

Update:

I was looking at holding this at another location just for kicks but the location we have been using is very convenient for those coming in on the train.   So the location is the Round Table Pizza in Old Sacramento. 

Sat Sept 13th 6pm. 

I will bring a new mini pixel tree or that I have been building and if the stuff comes in, the 10watt RGB floods that I am modifying.  I will bring a demonstration of DC-DC converters and a suggestion on how to connect them.  Basically how I did it on the Plasma Icicles. 

Anybody else feel free to bring toys to show, sell or talk about.  What have you that is new.

Remember, it is buy your own pizza and drink.

Greg,  How many 24vdc power supplies do you want?  I will bring those as well. 

Is there an address for the Round Table Pizza? Thanks for the update btw - I was about to ask for logistics being we are just a week away from the meeting.

Thanks for organizing this too.

LN.

yeah.  127 K St, Sacramento.

If you forget,  just Goggle Round Table Old Sacramento..   It comes right up

Hope to see ya there

Craig

Wow!!! About 50 years ago, we used to drag down K street. And now it's Old Sac. Hope everyone has fun. In the old days, Shakey's was the pizza place to be. Time moves on.

Since it's Saturday i won't be taking the train but will drive (just in case no one else is taking the train and you'd still like to change the location). I am interested in how to hook up LOR RGB Floods, CCBs, and (dumb) ribbons and 24 to 12vdc converters. I am interested in purchasing drip tubes, strobes, possibly some snowflakes, and LED light strings in R, B, G, or W color so if anyone has any to sell let me know.

Since it's Saturday i won't be taking the train but will drive (just in case no one else is taking the train and you'd still like to change the location). I am interested in how to hook up LOR RGB Floods, CCBs, and (dumb) ribbons and 24 to 12vdc converters. I am interested in purchasing drip tubes, strobes, possibly some snowflakes, and LED light strings in R, B, G, or W color so if anyone has any to sell let me know.

I was looking to have it at my place in the shop but my wife was not to keen on the idea  :unsure:   

So Tony, I don't have LOR floods but rather the ones I bought off ebay and I am "modifying" them for my use.  I am putting DMX Constant Current controllers in each as well as a DC-DC converter so I can feed them all off a single 24vdc supply.   

Would it be helpful if I bring some dumb ribbons?    I don't have drip tubes for sale but I can bring the ones I modified with longer better cables if you are interested in the mods..  Let me know. 

Everybody, these meetings are for show and tell and asking questions and hopefully getting answers.   So if you have something for sale, or you want to ask questions how to do something, or perhaps come and spread your knowledge and experience to help others, that would be great! 

Craig

I was looking to have it at my place in the shop but my wife was not to keen on the idea  :unsure:   

So Tony, I don't have LOR floods but rather the ones I bought off ebay and I am "modifying" them for my use.  I am putting DMX Constant Current controllers in each as well as a DC-DC converter so I can feed them all off a single 24vdc supply.   

Would it be helpful if I bring some dumb ribbons?    I don't have drip tubes for sale but I can bring the ones I modified with longer better cables if you are interested in the mods..  Let me know. 

Everybody, these meetings are for show and tell and asking questions and hopefully getting answers.   So if you have something for sale, or you want to ask questions how to do something, or perhaps come and spread your knowledge and experience to help others, that would be great! 

Craig

Yes i would like to see the ribbons. I bought an 8-pack at the summer sale. I will bring them so if you'd rather not bring yours that's fine. Now i'm trying to remember what the heck i was going to use them for!  :lol: I would love to see the drip tubes too. Thanks, Tony

Yes i would like to see the ribbons. I bought an 8-pack at the summer sale. I will bring them so if you'd rather not bring yours that's fine. Now i'm trying to remember what the heck i was going to use them for!  :lol: I would love to see the drip tubes too. Thanks, Tony

Tony, bring your ribbons, that way the info is not generic to mine.  Figure out what you had in mind and what you want help with and we can make it happen.  I will bring a variable power supply if you want to power them up.