Light-O-Rama Forums

How to figure out what superstar software to buy?

jacob&noah

I have basic getting started 48 channels and have the superstar demo and I want to have this software. But when I go to buy it there are different ones to choose from. How do I figure out what software will work for me..

If you have no CCR's and only 48 channels, then the 2_CCR license will work for you. At that license level you can export 300 channels, or 2 CCR's worth of channels, to your sequence editor.

To add to Don's reply, the Superstar Software license levels are set up as how many channels it will export. As he said, the 2 CCR will export 300 total channels or 100 RGB channels. As you know, the CCRs have 50 pixels each on them for a total of 150 channels. That being said, a 2 CCR license is 300 channels, a 4 CCR license is 600 channels, 8 CCR license is 1200 channels, etc. 

Another point to make is, you can make a 2 CCR level work for a 40 CCR level, you just have to sequence 300 channels at a time. Believe me, it's not worth the hassle. I have a 40 CCR license and I still have 5 visualizer files I have to sequence for each song.

Superstar is worth every penny I put into it. I'm sequencing over 10K channels this year and would be ready for this years' show in November 2016 if I were doing it the traditional way. I couldn't, or should say, wouldn't do it if not for Superstar.

You won't be disappointed, whichever level you choose.

• Like 1