Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR II Help File as PDF

Push Eject

So I'm here at work (on a mac) and would love to be reading my LOR II help file during downtime.

Suddenly I realize not only can I not install/unzip my LOR software here, even if I could it is a Windows help file that I cannot open anyway.

Does a pdf of the LOR 2 help file exist out there? Pm me... I need my fix. :)

Cheers,
Charlie

ROCK ON! Thanks, Steve!

Now if only I could VNC from here to my computer at home and work on some sequences...

hmmm...

DanV wrote:

Setup NAT/Port Forwarding on your router....Forward port 5900 to your LOR pc's IP address. :)

You might want to make your LOR PC's IP static if it isn't already.

Dan, I appreciate your ingenuity, but I work for The Man and there is no getting in or out without FBI-like credentials and probably a gun or two.

Charlie

Kaeleb wrote:

Could someone post the Help file publicly? I too would like to read it. I haven't upgraded yet, and I would like to read the doc beforehand.

Thanks!

~K

Kaeleb, the file that I have is too large to post here. I am open to suggestions for how to post it. In the meantime I can email it to you.

You have a pm -Steve

I have an Acrobat distiller version that is too large to post here, so if anyone has a suggestion or can post it somewhere that would be great. Like I said it is from distiller so it looks like a printer output from the help file itself.
I would like to check with Dan first though.
-Steve

Push Eject wrote:

DanV wrote:
Setup NAT/Port Forwarding on your router....Forward port 5900 to your LOR pc's IP address. :D

Dan, I appreciate your ingenuity, but I work for The Man and there is no getting in or out without FBI-like credentials and probably a gun or two.

Charlie

Maybe they could make an exception for something as important as LOR? Get one of those little routers that has a VPN in it to help with security? Ah man, it was worth a try. :dude:

Dan

I wrote Dan this morning asking if I can post Steve's pdf.

My guess is LOR will make their own (prettier) version formatted for printing that will be downloadable from the support page.

Until then, take up Steve on his email offer! :D

bob wrote:

Both a PDF version and a Windows Help File version of the help are now available on lightorama.com:

PDF: http://lightorama.com/downloads/LORHelp-2.0.0.pdf
Windows Help: http://lightorama.com/downloads/LORHelp-2.0.0.chm

WHAT?! The black-market trade of LOR 2 Help PDFs has come to an end already?!!

Fie me -- I will find another way to make my fortune.

Cheers,
Charlie

The windows version does not seem to work. I get address errors and the help page does not show. The index and contents are there...just won't show the selected page

Hmmm... it works fine for me, on three different machines, including an ancient one running 98 SE.

What "address errors" does it give?

What operating system are you running?

Perhaps it just got corrupted in download. Could you please try pulling it down again?

Thanks.

I downloaded the file from the link in the forum to my desktop, open the file and get the messages below. Happens on 2 different machines. Both XP Pro using Explorer 7. Both machines had internet connections.

This program cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:
You are not connected to the Internet.
The website is encountering problems.
There might be a typing error in the address.

What you can try:
Check your Internet connection. Try visiting another website to make sure you are connected.

Retype the address.

Go back to the previous page.

More information

This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including:

Internet connectivity has been lost.
The website is temporarily unavailable.
The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable.
The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's domain.

Push Eject wrote:

DanV wrote:
Setup NAT/Port Forwarding on your router....Forward port 5900 to your LOR pc's IP address. :)

Charlie

charlie,

I have the same issue, all I had to do is install VNC on a usb flash drive works great. Can't hear audio though and the delay kills me. I do remote desktop with my lap top and that is more accurate and works great.

greg