Light-O-Rama Forums

The official video is out (short but nice)

plasmadrive

This is more info on that job I did in Canada using MP3/g3 Director, 2-eLORs and 2-ECG-D2

All the data stuff is in one of the sculpture bases and it sends DMX to the other three.  There a small Kiboworks MUTT decodes the DMX and sends it in DM412 protocol to the custom strips.

http://dancorson.com/nepenthes-paisleyi

Hope you all like it..  (video at the end)

Craig

Very cool and interesting. is your business called PMCS? I've seen you on these forums for quite a while now and never heard of that name.

You do good and interesting work.  Very nice!

Thanks.. I like doing this kind of stuff..

Very cool and interesting. is your business called PMCS? I've seen you on these forums for quite a while now and never heard of that name.

Yes.  PMCS is Project Management and Control Systems, Inc...   Or.. People Making Cool Sh%t!  hee hee..

I actually don't sell anything to the hobby from my business..   Perhaps that is why the business name never comes up. 

Very cool works of art!  Have you gotten inquires for similar projects?

Thanks... but I am not the artist.. I am just he hired electronics gun.. so to speak.. I figured out how to do it and I programmed it and installed the LEDs and electronics... but I surely have no artistic talent like what those sculptures require.

That is the very last time those molds will be used.  No other set will ever be made. 

I live pretty much in Portland and have never seen the original sculptures.

I read the info and it seems that you only added solar panels and LEDs to those sculptures so the are not the vibrant colors of Edmonton???

Either way I need to take a ride to Davis street to check those sculptures out. Your Edmonton work looks fantastic. Might have to drive up there and make a covert switch. ;)

I live pretty much in Portland and have never seen the original sculptures.

I read the info and it seems that you only added solar panels and LEDs to those sculptures so the are not the vibrant colors of Edmonton???

Either way I need to take a ride to Davis street to check those sculptures out. Your Edmonton work looks fantastic. Might have to drive up there and make a covert switch. ;)

The ones on Davis street are indeed just white light run from solar power storage in batteries.  The look pretty cool but are static only.  The ones in Edmonton are turned out way better I thought, but we had power up there.. I think the "covert switch" is a great idea!  ha ha..

Craig, how did you get the LEDs inside without them being too close to the walls?  Is it one high density string hanging down?  Just interested....

Craig, how did you get the LEDs inside without them being too close to the walls?  Is it one high density string hanging down?  Just interested....

There is a 4x4 steel post down the middle which is the backbone for the sculptures.  There are 4 strings of LEDs in each sculpture.  I used custom PCBs and put them in the silicon flexible sleeves and clamped them to each side of the post.  That keeps them stationary and in the middle.

Ah....I see.  You really don't see any shadowing from the supports.  Looks great!

Thanks Wayne.  Since the strips are on the four faces of the post, they all emit outward and hence no shadowing.. I want a set for around my pool!  ha ha

As usual.... Craig has "Done It Again" !! GREAT JOB !! Keep Up The Great Work !@!

Greg

• The topic was locked