Light-O-Rama Forums

single trigger with residential 16 controller

RockinScott

Is there a way to incorporate a single trigger with the residential controller or must I get the pup thing?

I just want to be able to trigger the jukebox (myself) during a show.

Maybe there is another way to do it?

Thx

So I am still not following.  The data sheet for the connector is quite poor.  Assuming I installed this on my LOR controller addressed as Unit 1 and I connected the switch to I3 on the connector, in show editor when I go to set up the jukebox I would put Unit 1 for the unit and input 3 for the trigger?

So I am still not following.  The data sheet for the connector is quite poor.  Assuming I installed this on my LOR controller addressed as Unit 1 and I connected the switch to I3 on the connector, in show editor when I go to set up the jukebox I would put Unit 1 for the unit and input 3 for the trigger?

You're following it just right.

If you have 3 inputs wired to the trigger, you could select from 1, 2 or 3 on controller 01. (If that's the controller you have it connected to.)

In your example you only have one hooked up to input 3, so only input 3, on controller 01, would be active.

You're following it just right.

If you have 3 inputs wired to the trigger, you could select from 1, 2 or 3 on controller 01. (If that's the controller you have it connected to.)

In your example you only have one hooked up to input 3, so only input 3, on controller 01, would be active.

Alright, And is it regular voltage (so I have to us an AC rated button) or processor voltage (so any little radio shack button will do)?

Thanks.

OK, my turn to ask a question about these triggers.  I see in the Show Editor where you define the Trigger information.  But what happens to the rest of your show when a trigger is hit.  For example, if I have 10 songs playing  continuously (ie, they were defined in the Musical section) do they keep playing when the interactive sequence is triggered?

What I was hoping to do was to have my 10 songs play continuously and when someone hits a trigger, wait until the current song finishes and then play the trigger sequence and return to my song list.  But I don't think that is the way this works.

Alright, And is it regular voltage (so I have to us an AC rated button) or processor voltage (so any little radio shack button will do)?

Thanks.

When it comes to building the actual triggers, I leave that to someone else. Others who know more will need to chime in here.

I could be 100% wrong here ... the triggers that I've had built, I think, are nothing more than buttons gotten at Tanner, a local electronic parts store. 

OK, my turn to ask a question about these triggers.  I see in the Show Editor where you define the Trigger information.  But what happens to the rest of your show when a trigger is hit.  For example, if I have 10 songs playing  continuously (ie, they were defined in the Musical section) do they keep playing when the interactive sequence is triggered?

What I was hoping to do was to have my 10 songs play continuously and when someone hits a trigger, wait until the current song finishes and then play the trigger sequence and return to my song list.  But I don't think that is the way this works.

I'd have to go back and double check the documentation on this. However, I think ...

Triggered events will interrupt whatever is currently playing. I recall there being something different about musical and animation based sequences running at the time of a triggered event, but I can't recall off the top of my head what it would be. The software will return to your playlist once the triggered event is finished, however.

I think you want (like me) the Jukebox feature.  The video tutorial on this aspect of the interactive feature is pretty good.